- A VP of sales works diligently to establish their products in a given market.
- Refines company policies and strategies to increase revenue.
- Identifies potential issues with products or their marketing.
- The professional typically performs on a regional level or on a national level.
- Supervises and manages a large number of sales managers.
- Ensures that the product development and sales strategies are being implemented on a company-wide scale.
- Reports to the company’s board of directors about the revenue generated on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Analyses current sales figures to understand trends or changes in the market and develops ideas accordingly.
- Ability to interpret numbers and statistics.
- Ability to develop strategies to increase sales and staff efficiency.
- Must be highly knowledgeable about the market in which the business is active and should be smart enough to take effective decisions.
- Since it is a highly specialized executive position, it requires a high level of education, experience and leadership.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Most companies will look for eight to ten years of sales or marketing experience.
The salary range is between HKD$103,042-HKD$2,970,713 per annum.