VP of information technology oversees an organization’s technology initiatives, IT changes and updates to all projects.
- Assesses IT systems and makes decision on investments and implements future technology.
- Needs to achieve the IT department’s goal within the context of the organization’s vision and values.
- Contributes in the development of new policies, standards and objectives for the IT department which are in line with the IT Governance.
- Helps other executives and managers to create budgets and authorizes purchases.
- Since it is an executive position, outstanding interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to lead a team in a way that promotes efficient, high quality work.
- Should be able to develop sustainable business relationships with vendors.
- Must be attentive to detail and handle stress well.
- A bachelor’s degree in IT with several years of experience in the IT field at managerial position.
- Different leadership and technology certifications are usually a plus.
The salary ranges between HKD$833,748-HKD$1,762,906 per annum.