Some test/quality assurance (QA) engineers work with computer science-related applications. A lot of what they do involve making sure that the software does what it’s supposed to do.
- Find bugs, defects, and regressions.
- Design, implement, execute and debug information technology test cases and scripts.
- Validate and document completion of testing and development.
- Automate test cases.
- Verify fixes.
- Most positions require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related fields with a few years of project testing leadership experience.
- Different positions will require knowledge of different programming languages, but common ones include C or C++ and JAVA.
The pay package of a test / quality assurance (QA) engineer (computer software) is in the range of €18,582 – €58,220 and the median pay being €37,734.