Most technical consultants are hired for projects requiring significant knowledge in a particular technical area.
They are usually hired through a consulting or staffing firm.
- Need to be customer service oriented and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, listening skills and a flexibility to adapt to changing situations at work.
- Must be a good team player.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- One can even opt for higher degrees like doctorate as well.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and equipment problems remotely and on-site.
- Install, upgrade, maintain and evaluate products and services.
- Visit customers and provide hands-on training in their local environment.
The salary ranges between HKD$207,750-HKD$936,000 per annum.