Systems Analysts work with users to formulate system requirements, develop system plans and documentation, review and evaluate existing systems, design and modify systems to meet users’ business needs.
- Work with users to formulate and document business requirements.
- Identify, investigate and analyse business processes, procedures and work practices.
- Identify and evaluate inefficiencies and recommend optimal business practices and system functionality and behaviour.
- Use project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and costs, resource and manage projects.
- Take responsibility for deploying functional solutions such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure quality acceptance and integrity of the system.
- Systems analysts have a high proportion of full-time jobs (91.8%). They work full-time with average weekly hours as40.3 hrs. (compared to 41.3 hrs. for all occupations) and earnings are high. Unemployment for systems analysts is below average.
- Systems analysts are employed across several industries which include: professional, scientific and technical services; financial and insurance services; public administration and safety; and manufacturing.
The pay scale of a systems analyst is around AUD$87,256 per annum.