A software development engineer should be well-versed in a number of different computer programming languages such as C, C++, Java, HTML, Python, or Perl. Experience in building systems on a cloud infrastructure is also helpful.
- Write, modify, and debug software for web sites.
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Test and document software for web sites.
- Work with designers and content producers.
Education requirements vary depending on the employer, but an engineer should at least have a high school diploma or GED, and a college degree in information technology or computer sciences is desirable.
The pay package of a software development engineer is in the range of €18,596 – €61,824 and the median pay being €44,844.