Software developers usually work with a team of others with the same title. They work in bringing together ideas to create new computer programs and improve on existing software. These may be video games, web browsers, writing tools, photography editing programs, and even entire operating systems such as Windows.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Test and document software for client applications.
- Write code to create single-threaded, multi-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- A software developer is required to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, or information technology.
- Some companies require a master’s degree in the same field.
- It is preferred that software developers also have some experience in software development.
The pay package of a software developer is in the range of €19,989 – €60,405 and the median pay being €41,316.