Software architects are information technology professionals who play a major role in designing software. The software architect is one of the primary sources of ideas in designing software.
- Conceive, experiment and present architectural approaches for software applications, including web, client, server, and others.
- Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product.
- Design new software applications.
- Design new operating system components.
- Present architectural approaches for operating system components.
- Software architects usually possess a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer programming, or computer science.
- Some positions require a master’s degree in one of these fields.
- Software architects must have several years of successful experience in designing software and leadership abilities to be promoted to software architect.
- Software architects must understand computer programming languages, which consist of a system of letters, numbers and code and require specialized training to read.
The pay package of a software architect is in the range of €31,094 – €92,613 and the median pay being €67,489.