Provide diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional disorders using psychotherapeutic methods such as behavioural therapy, biofeedback, relaxation therapy and other techniques.
- Write reports on clients, and maintain required paperwork.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans and duration of therapy.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioural issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling or treatments, the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification.
- In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification
The pay scale of a psychotherapist ranges between AUD$58,466 – AUD$203,322.