Project managers head a team of software engineers.
They are constantly working to develop new software which is either a completely new technical idea or an improvement over a previous one.
- Coordinate delivery of development and production releases which should meet quality assurance standards.
- Assist test teams in creating test plans and testing efforts.
- Create and maintain information technology project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation.
- Assist technical team in design and development tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science is the most common requirement.
- Several years of experience in software development.
- A high degree of understanding with all aspects of computer systems.
- Must possess great leadership abilities in order to be able to preside over a team of highly intelligent minds.
- Extensive knowledge of many computer programming languages as well as knowledge of how computer networks operate.
The salary ranges between HK$407,814-HK$825,366 per annum.