The project manager of software development is a position in high demand in today’s technical world. Virtually every business nowadays makes use of computers and networking systems. Whether the company has a software division of their own or they use purchased software, the project manager of software development has plenty to do with his or her day-to-day business.
- Coordinate delivery of development (beta) and production releases that meet quality assurance standards.
- Assist test team in creating test plans and testing efforts.
- Create and maintain an information technology project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation.
- Assist technical team in design and development tasks.
- Utilize software life-cycle methodology.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science is the most common requirement.
- Several years of experience in software development are also generally required.
- Project managers of software development must have a high degree of understanding with all aspects of computer systems.
- They must also possess great leadership abilities in order to be able to preside over a team of highly intelligent minds.
The pay package of a project manager (software development) ranges between €37,095 – €80,532 and the median pay being €61,799.