Oracle database administrators (DBA) solely support oracle databases and the product data management systems, websites and software applications that access oracle.
- Build and deploy databases for new customers.
- Maintain and tune up existing customer databases.
- Manage backup and recovery routines.
- Install and configure oracle and SQL server in hosted and enterprise environments.
- Design and enhance data models for an object-oriented application platform.
Qualifications for an oracle DBA position generally start with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering. There are additional certifications offered by oracle to identify those familiar with its databases and related applications.
The pay package of an oracle database administrator (DBA) ranges between €14,504 – €71,789 and the median pay being €49,131.