IT network administrators are responsible for supporting groups of computers and other technology devices that are interconnected and communicate using different computer technologies, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Provide hands-on network administration support, network maintenance and operations support.
- Recommend networking software and hardware enhancements.
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and other company networks.
- Diagnose and correct network systems issues.
- Network administrators are usually required to hold a degree in computer science or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of servers, firewalls and routers as well as a strong background in network design, implementation and network connectivity experience.
The pay package of a network administrator ranges between €10,027 – €129,596 and the median pay being €34,099.