Mechanical engineers participate in the planning and manufacturing of new products by performing engineering duties and developing, designing and testing mechanical devices.
- Perform engineering duties; develop, design, and test mechanical devices.
- Write technical reports, handbooks, and bulletins for use by staff or customers.
- Estimate time and cost to complete projects.
- Research designs and make recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget, and function.
- Job requirements include either a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering, a master of science in engineering, or a related degree.
- The EIT exam and membership in a professional society and specific industry-related certifications may also be encouraged or required.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other software or technology as relevant to the specific position.
- Excellent project management skills.
The pay package of a mechanical engineer ranges between HKD$94,736 – HKD$512,889 and the median pay being HKD$250,681.