Information Technology managers are important to any business that uses a network of computers for employees to work and communicate with. Their job is very technical and requires specific training to understand mathematical computer languages.
- Prepare, maintain and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to our processes and platform operations.
- Supervise, hire and train IT Department employees.
- Manage resources and processes required to design, plan, and support all products and information services.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment.
- A Master’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- It is also possible to work one’s way up to the position with a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a critical thinker, who is capable of leading a very intelligent team.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Years of experience in information technology is always an advantage.
The pay package of an information technology (IT) manager ranges between €40,190 – €123,455 and the median pay being €71,389.