Information technology (IT) directors provide direction to an organization in matters involving relationships with external technology vendors or providers and management of an organization’s IT security from the operating system level to the enterprise level. They are also responsible for ensuring that all levels pass the mandatory periodic security audits and conduct periodic IT performance reviews of costs and productivity in order to come up with recommendations for upgrades and the improvement of productivity levels.
- Prepare, maintain and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to our processes and platform operations.
- Supervise, hire, and train IT department employees.
- Manage resources and processes required to design, plan, and support all products and information services.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment.
- Requirement for this job is usually a master’s degree in computer science or information technology. However, it is possible to work one’s way up to the position with a bachelor’s degree.
- Several years of experience in information technology is also required.
The pay package of an information technology (IT) manager ranges between HKD$566,731 – HKD$2,431,934 and the median pay being HKD$1,215,281.