Information technology (IT) consultants work with clients to assist in their computer and other technology needs. IT consultants facilitate the development and implementation of improvements to IT systems used by the client. They also manage new installations of software and hardware as well as data migrations. In addition, IT consultants resolve computer system and network issues for clients. They are familiar with common computer software, hardware, the basics of computer networking, and are skilled in basic and advanced IT troubleshooting.
- Manage new installations and migrations.
- Manage resolution of system and network issues for clients.
- Facilitate development and implementation of improvements to client’s information technology systems.
- The knowledge needed to work as an IT consultant can generally be obtained through an associate’s degree in information technology or a related field.
- They may also take up certification courses, and some employers will accept sufficient years of experience in the IT field.
- They should also be familiar with basic electrical safety measures, as they are responsible for safe transportation and installation of computer hardware.
Should possess excellent communication skills to provide good customer service and problem resolution.
The salary may range between HK$196,053-HK$734,036 annually.