Information Technology (IT) consultants work with clients to assist in their computer and other technological needs.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of improvements to IT systems used by the client.
- Manage new installations of software and hardware as well as data migrations.
- Resolve computer system and network issues for clients.
- Familiarity with common computer software, hardware and the basics of computer networking.
- Expert in basic and advanced IT troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills to discuss the resolution for the raised issues.
- An associate’s degree in information technology or a related field.
- They may also take up related certification courses.
Some employers accept sufficient years of experience in the IT field during the hiring process.
The pay package in US dollars for an information technology (IT) consultant ranges between $17,350 – $293,200 and the median pay being $71,131.