Industrial engineers are responsible for the labour in a company’s manufacturing unit. They decide what kind of work needs to be done, and they find ways to increase productivity of both the machines and the manpower. They help maximize factors of production like labour, technology, material and energy.
- Understands the product requirement, designs mathematical models that meet those requirements and designs manufacturing systems.
- Modifies the machines used in the production environment to work as efficiently as possible.
- Supervises plan implementation.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, for entry level positions.
- A background in statistics, management science, quality control, sociology, agricultural behaviour and economics will be an advantage.
- Needs to be superb problem solver with good organizational skills.
- A high aptitude for mechanical skills for the repair and maintenance of the machinery.
- Expert in identifying loopholes and good problem solver to streamline the work.
The pay package of an industrial engineer ranges between €10,728 – €54,035 and the median pay being €28,500.