Graphic artists/designers are employed in many different industries in which the need for visually stimulating designs are necessary. They may work in different departments of a business such as marketing or production, but they usually work among a team of people with the same title. Graphic artists/designers are fortunate that they may work with the ideas they dream about, while others may think of these ideas as just fantasies.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and internet websites.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic art or design and a portfolio of works produced.
- Must have a creative bend of mind, making their ideas fit in with the image that the company they work for wishes to project.
- Good amount of experience in the relative field is an advantage.
The pay package of a graphic artist / designer ranges between €12,556 – €44,020 and the median pay being €28,871.