These professionals measure, record or evaluate geological data, using sonic, electronic, electrical, seismic, or gravity-measuring instruments to identify prospects for oil or gas.
- Conduct geological survey to prepare reports on the feasibility of an area for oil or gas prospects.
- Assemble, maintain or distribute information for library or record systems.
- Diagnose or repair malfunctioning instruments or equipment.
- Plan and direct activities of workers who operate equipment to collect data.
- Supervise oil, water, or gas well-drilling activities.
Bachelor’s degree in geology subjects.