- These professionals are finance leaders, found in many types of businesses and organizations.
- Oversee the accounts department of the organization and ensures that the finances of the company are managed in good faith.
- Executives in this role may also be known as financial managers, treasurers or financial officers.
- Analysis of the account books.
- Reporting the financial matter to the management.
- Monitoring the performance of the finance department.
- Auditing the records.
- Overseeing all tax and regulatory/ compliance issues.
- Contributing to decisions regarding financial strategy.
- At least three years of education at university level or business school level in the finance subjects.
- Must have extensive knowledge of accounting and finance, cost and budget analysis and the industry in which they work.
- They should also obtain a license as a certified public accountant, certified financial manager or certified management accountant.
- Most companies hiring for this position will look for a master’s degree in business administration or financial accounting, as well as seven to ten years of progressive accounting experience and previous supervisory experience.
In US dollars, the salary may range from $25,558 to $154,461 per year.