An ERP consultant is much like a complex machine in how they operate. Most of the tasks that an ERP consultant needs to accomplish are done through delegation of labour to other businesses and vendors to maximize productivity. What does fall on ERP consultants is their ability to create, maintain, and operate a database that streamlines operations and allows everyone who needs data to get it. Even after the initial software is created to perform the needed tasks, ERP consultants’ job is not done. It is vital that they document the state of configuration that their existing software is in. Analysing and understanding their software allows ERP consultants to remove bloat and improve efficiency in their software.
- Write, design specifications and estimate for programs, based on requirements.
- Participate in decision-making to optimize and improve technology management.
- Analyse and understand existing software, and document the state of configuration.
- Assist technical teams with changed management and technical skills.
- A great starting place for an ERP consultant is in college with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- A good amount of knowledge about the business also helps and so it can be beneficial to take a minor in business.
The pay package of an ERP consultant ranges between HKD$10, 213 – HKD$1, 174,457 and the median pay being HKD$196,705.