Australia is one of the sought after destinations for immigration, there are certain professions where the nation seeks skilled labour from overseas. These occupations in demand are mentioned in the ANZSCO list. And Developer Programmer is one of the occupations in the demand list.
Developer Programmer interprets specifications, technical designs and flow charts, builds, maintains and modifies the code for software applications, constructs technical specifications for a business functional model, and tests and writes technical documentation.
- To be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Good at technical activities
- A logical approach to problem solving
- To be able to work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- The developer programmer has to research, analyse, consult as well as evaluate system program as per the needs and requirements.
- Maintenance, writing as well as upgrading of technical programs along with the operational procedures and the end user documentation.
- The professional has to write and maintain the program code as per the needs of the system, its design and other technical specifications with respect to quality standards.
- Identification of limitations pertaining to technology and other inadequacies of the existing systems and so on.
- Advising and guiding during the process of developing proposals and bringing out strategies for activities pertaining to software design such as financial evaluation and so on.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher education or a minimum of five years of relevant work experience is a must.
- In rare cases, both qualification as well as relevant experience is required to qualify for the same.
- A vendor certification would also help.
The pay scale of a developer programmer is around AUD$69,216 per year.