- Dentists examine patients, ascertain dental status and diagnose diseases of the teeth, mouth and jaw. They stipulate and carry out dental treatments and provide advice on preventative measures.
- Dentists mainly work at dental practices and at dental clinics. They work in the field of dental, oral and maxillofacial medicine at institutes of higher education. In addition, they find further employment opportunities with research institutes, health authorities, the German army or private sector companies such as pharmaceuticals. They may also work for dentists chambers or statutory health insurance companies.
- The exercise of the profession is regulated. One needs the license to practice as dentist. They must educate themselves regularly. To participate in the billing system of public health insurance, they need the authorization, which requires the registration in a register of dentists. Depending on the area of activity a technical qualification in accordance with the regulation of radiation protection must be available.
- Collect the medical history (anamnesis).
- Examine jaw, mouth and teeth to find out the medical problems.
- Based on the findings they make their diagnosis.
- They also advise patients about the care of braces, dentures and appropriate precautionary measures to prevent dental and oral diseases or damage.
- In addition to the medical duties dentists perform organizational work.
- Create reports and opinions on the diagnosis and the treatment process and prepare performance-related data for billing purposes.
- They are also involved in the training of medical and non-medical trainees.
- At university hospitals, they participate in research projects.
- Dental Practitioner
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Age Dentistry
- Create Publications
- Fees for doctors schedule
- Expert Services
- Implant ology
- Orthodontics (Medical)
- Pine Prosthetics
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Teaching (college)
- Medical Documentation
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Quality Management
- Radiology (Medical)
- Radiation – Tutorial
The salary may range between € 3,944 to € 5,071 per month.