Business Analysts (IT) act as a bridge between the customers and the business organization. They interact with the customers to understand their requirements and communicate the same to the team.
- Brainstorm both within and outside IT department to test different ideas to support the project.
- Test prototype software which is to be implemented.
- Consult different departments and develop new systems.
- Create project plans for IT Projects.
- Identify, communicate and manage risk associated with projects.
- Identify business or customer requirements and information technology alternatives.
- Translate requirements into new information technology project specifications.
- IT Business Analyst- Product
- Business Analyst – IT
- IT Business Systems Analyst
- IT Business Analyst – Buying
- IT Business Analyst Workflow Specialist
- IT Business Analyst for Finance and Controlling Solutions
- IT Business Analyst SAP Bank Analyser
- IT Business Analyst E-Commerce
- Business Analyst-IT Projects
- IT Business Services Analyst
And the list is unending, with opportunities in different sectors.
- A four year degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems or similar.
- Project management skills.
- Up to date knowledge on the information technology applications being utilized.
- Knowledge on what new outcomes can be achieved through the existing platforms.
- Awareness on what the latest technology offers.
- Expertise in software testing and designing business systems.
The pay package of a business analyst (IT) ranges between €23,956 – €72,646 and the median pay being €47,420.