An area sales manager handles a number of departmental or organizational responsibilities. They orchestrate a sales team, set short-term and long-term goals for a sales division, collaborate with other departments and conduct meetings. An area sales manager also documents and presents sales data, analyses sale and industry trends and communicates with board members.
Leads the sales team to meet or transcend sales goals.
An area sales manager typically needs at least a bachelor’s degree in sales, business, or marketing, although a master’s degree in those specific fields is not necessarily required.
- Communication, leadership and goal-setting skills are important.
- Must be fluent in their field or organization’s technical jargon.
- Ability to perform damage control by minimizing loss, conflict and confusion is another valuable skill for an area sales manager.
- The salary ranges between HK$308,709 – HK$888,519.
- Most popular industry is Alcohol, Beer and Wine Sales with salary ranging between HK$202,306 – HK$383,845.