An architect designs buildings and oversees the construction of the buildings they have designed. Being an architect is a very important job, and therefore those hoping to join this career must have advanced education and licensure. Architecture is a legally protected field, meaning that those without these requirements cannot practice architecture. A time intensive job with long hours spent in front of the computer and over blueprints.
- Works with the clients to ensure that they are happy with the final design.
- Works with a crew of workers, such as contractors or engineers, to complete the construction of the building.
- Travels to future locations of buildings and conducts meetings with members of the construction team.
- An architect must be confident enough in their abilities to work independently without supervision, but will often work as part of a team.
- Must have knowledge not just of design, but also of the technical components of buildings.
- Must have practical knowledge of building codes and regulations, and other relevant property related laws.
- Computational skills are essential as architects make use of many design programs, such as CAD (computer-aided design) to create the initial plan for a building.
- The salary ranges between HK$97,871 – HK$627,459.
- The most popular industry to work as architect is architectural services with salary range between HK$95,996 – HK$602,652.
- The professional can become design architect in future with salary ranging between HK$151,896 – HK$674,816.