Aesthetic plastic surgeons carry out functionally restorative and plastic surgery procedures to reconstruct and improve the bodily form and bodily functions which are clearly impaired. Their task area also includes follow-up care.
The exercise of the profession is regulated. To work as a Specialist / Doctor in plastic and aesthetic surgery, you need medical license or permission to practice medicine according to Federal Medical Code.
- Perform surgery for congenital or acquired physical malformations and functional disorders.
- Medical care of extensive wounds after burns and the treatment of serious injury caused by traffic or other accidents.
- Design a treatment plan based on the thorough examination and medical history.
- Regular follow-up of the health condition of the patients.
- Train medical and non-medical trainees.
- Document the progress of treatment, provide advice and prepare the performance-related data for billing purpose.
- At university hospitals they are involved in various research projects and develop new methods and techniques, for example in the field of wound healing.
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon
- Plastic Surgeon
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon
- Implantology, implant technology
- Patient care
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Medical)
Salary can fall in the range of € 5,206 to € 6,685 as a gross monthly remuneration.