Why Study in the United Kingdom?
UK universities provide internationally recognized qualifications of the highest standard. The quality of UK degrees is one reason why so many applicants come to the UK to study. Another is value for money. UK institutions use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage independence, as well as mastery of the subject. Students are expected to use the information they are given to stimulate their original thinking.
Below are the few reasons why an applicant should study in the UK:
- Quality of Education:
- The education system provides facilities such as international students’ societies, planned social activities, academic support, and academic counselors. UK has one of the lowest drop-out rates.
- Its quality is unrivaled throughout the world.
- Encourages relevant skills that are marketable and sought by today’s top companies.
- Affordable :
- Realization of earning potentials sooner.
- Numerous scholarships and bursaries offered by UK institutions.
- Almost free health care by National Health Service.
- Student discount facilities provided free through the National Union of Students membership for all students.
- Vast choice of institutions, academics and subjects.
- Flexible programs.
- Diverse, stable social environment.
- A cosmopolitan place to live.
- Home to numerous ethnic groups and nationalities from around the world.
- Tolerant, stable society where students learn about a diverse range of people.
Courses & Programs in the UK:
Masters Degrees, Bachelor’s Degree and Diplomas in United Kingdom
You can choose to study any program in the United Kingdom.
Masters degree and diploma’s duration varies from 1 to 2 years.
Check out for the most popular courses, degrees of the UK:
- Communications & Media
- Art & Design
- Sociology & Social Work
- Information Technology
- Business Management in Finance
- Medicine & Health Care
The duration of the UK Student Visa (Tier 4 – UK Study Visa) would depend on the length of the course undertaken:-
- If the applicant is pursuing a graduate course or above he is permitted to stay for the full length of the course
- If the applicant is pursuing an undergraduate course he/she will be allowed to stay for a period of 3 years
- Diploma Course: Applicant must have 12 years education
- Bachelors: Applicant must have 12 years education
- Masters: 15 years of education are required.
English Language requirement
GRE / GMAT – Not mandatory, but recommended.
TOEFL / IELTS – Mandatory in some schools / others will accept your application with an English proficiency Letter.
Work Experience – Students with prior work experience are given preference in good business schools.
Entry Dates & Admission Deadlines
Entry dates vary with each school but a general guideline is below:
- Rolling Intakes (Intakes for every two or three months)
- It is recommended to apply 6 months in advance and no later than 3 months if you have all your test scores in order. Please keep 2-4 weeks for visa approval.
Admission fee (outside the UK):
For confirmation of acceptance, fee will be £12 to £60
Tuition Fees: The cost of Study (Tuition and fees) in the United Kingdom varies from £5,000 to £12000 per year. It all depends on the University you choose to study in.
Living Expenses: The cost of living in the UK is not the same throughout the country. The following figures are average costs for a twelve month period:
- £9,500 in London and the South East
- £7,500 elsewhere in the UK
– How much you spend can depend upon your individual circumstances and tastes – and how good you are at managing money. But every postgraduate student has to budget for accommodation, food, heating, transport and other day-to-day expenses. If you are bringing your family with you, your costs will be considerably higher.
Work Rights under the UK Student Visa (Tier 4 – UK Study Visa)
- 20 hours per week if you are studying a course at or above UK degree level or a foundation degree course.
- 10 hours per week if you are studying a course that is below UK degree level and is not a foundation degree course.
UK Student Visa
UK Student Visa (Tier 4 – UK Study Visa) is for people from outside Europe who want to study in the UK. The category you choose will depend on your age, and on the length and level of the course that you want to study.
|Category||Who can apply?|
|Tier 4 (Child)||You can apply as a child student under Tier 4 of our points-based system if you are between 4 and 17 years old. If you are between 4 and 15 years old, you must be coming to the UK to be educated at an independent fee-paying school.|
|Tier 4 (General)||You can apply as an adult student under Tier 4 (General) of our points-based system if you are coming to the UK for your post-16 education.|
|Prospective student||You can apply as a prospective student if you want to come to the UK to help you finalize the arrangements for your Tier 4 courses of study (for example, by attending an interview at a university which has made you a conditional offer).You will be able to switch into the Tier 4 (General) or Tier 4 (Child) category while you are in the UK.|
Eligibility to apply for a Tier 4 visa under General Category:
As a Tier 4 (General) student, you must have 40 points in our points assessment. You can score:
- 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor’), and for having acceptable English language skills; and
- 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs.
- It depends where you fly from & how early you book your ticket.
Proof of Funds for Visa
- You will be required to show that you can pay for your tuition & living expenses while you are in the UK – approximately £12000 to £ 24000
- You have to pay the first semester fees before attending the visa interview for the university.
Credibility interview for UK Tier 4
From 20 May 2013, if you apply for a Tier 4 student visa you may have to appear for a short interview when you attend the visa application center to submit your application and biometric information. The interview will focus on your reasons for coming to the UK; this is known as a credible interview. A report of the interview will be sent to the visa officer who will consider it alongside your visa application and supporting documents. You may be called for a further interview if the visa officer needs more information.
Visa Fee for Tier4 General: £298 (Rs 25,350 approx)
Applicants can bring their dependents provided they are married partners and prove that they have sufficient funds to meet their maintenance requirement without having recourse to public funds.
Dependents are granted a visa for the same length of time as the applicant. Dependent can work full time from day one.
There is no provision for dependents to migrate to the UK when the applicant is a child student.
After you graduate
Once the students complete their course of study, eligible applicants can stay on in the UK by switching to the Tier 2 visa, provided he/she get’s an employer sponsorship.
Y-Axis Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for your Tier 4 Visa. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. No other consultant in the market has processed more applications than us. You can count on our experience and success.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers and promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices and all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
1. What is the Tier 4 visa?
The Tier 4 is a point-based student visa that allows foreign nationals to come into the UK to study.
2. What are the categories of visa under the Tier 4?
There are 5 types of visa under the Tier 4; Adult student, Student visitor, Child student, Child visitor and prospective student visa.
3. How are points awarded for the Tier 4 visa?
Points are awarded for the Tier 4 visa as follows:
Visa letter from education provider = 30 points
Maintenance fees cover course fees and living expenses = 10 points
4. What are the categories of visa under the Tier 4?
There are 2 types of visa under the Tier 4; Adult student & Child student
5. What is a visa letter?
A visa letter is an official offer letter which the education provider gives the student who is applying to study in the UK. The visa letter contains information about the student, education provider’s details & license number and information on the course and fees.
6. What is a licensed sponsor?
The licensed sponsor is the university or college the student has chosen to enroll in. Universities should obtain a status of approved sponsors.
7. What is the obligation on the education provided?
Educational institutions teaching overseas students will need to attain the status of approved sponsors by proving that they are bonafide establishments, rather than non-accredited or purely commercial operations. The institutions should verify that the students will abide by the rules.
8. How many hours can a student work?
A student can participate in part-time or holiday work, provided that it is not more than 20 hours a week during term time. There are no restrictions during vacations or the work placement is part of the study program.
9. Can I take my dependents along with me?
Spouse immigration is only permitted for married partners, who will be granted leave to remain for a period equal to that granted to the student.
10. Can a student switch to another visa category while in the UK?
A student can switch into other points-based category, on completion of the course and the qualification has been awarded. If the applicant is eligible, they can apply to switch into Tier 2 visa.
11. How can Y-Axis help apply for a Tier 4 student visa?
Student Visas are granted for applicants who have a genuine intent to study abroad. Y-AXIS handles complex visa documentation for many visas and migration petitions. This is from where we draw experience and knowledge. We’ve been through it over and over again. We can help you build not only solid documentation, petition filing, advice on finances but also prepares you well for the interview.
Popular Universities in UK
London School of Economics
Imperial College London
University College London
King’s College London
University of the Arts, London
West of England, Bristol
Canterbury Christ Church
Liverpool John Moores
University for the Creative Arts
York St John
Trinity Saint David
University of Wales, Newport
London South Bank
West of Scotland