• (Board Line): 0044 (0) 208 610 9915
  • NRI to 57333
World's Favourite Immigration and Visa Company

Canada has been ranked as one of the top ten places in the World to live in.

Canadians give great importance to learning and have developed a first-rate education system with high standards. The country spends more on education (as a % of GDP) compared to the OECD average and is the second highest among G-8 countries.

Canadian teenagers consistently rank among the best in the world on international tests of reading, science and math – a testament to the outstanding quality of Canadian schools. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is well-regarded in business, government and academic circles around the globe.

Courses & Programs in Canada

You can choose to study any program in Canada. Masters degree and diploma programs are for two years. PG diploma program’s duration varies from 15 months to two years and PhD program varies from 3 to 4 years of duration.

Popular Programs include:

  • Business Administration
  • International Business Studies
  • Computer Science
  • Engineering
  • Public Healthcare & Management
  • Telecommunication
  • HR/finance/marketing


Masters- 15/16 years of Education

Diploma -10+2 Years of Education

PG-Diploma- 15 Years of Education

GRE / GMAT – Some schools will accept your application with GRE / GMAT – Some schools will accept your application without these tests too.

TOEFL / IELTS – Is Mandatory for most school students with prior work experience and are also given preference in good business schools.

Entrance Tests

Canadian colleges and universities want that all of their applicants take one or more standardized tests. These tests include the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Additionally, applicants who are not Americans, are to take the TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (Most standardized tests are designed to measure a student’s skills and not a student’s amount of knowledge). The questions in these tests check your ability to solve problems, not your knowledge of facts (such as important historical dates or parts of the human anatomy).

The functions of standardized tests are to give colleges a way to check all their applicants on an equal level. Comparison of grades received in courses or on exams are not always enough because different schools have different academic standards. An admission counselor at a university has no way of determining how challenging the business or economics course you took was. By comparing your score on a standardized test to the score of another student who took the same standardized test, the counselor has a better idea of how the two of you compare.

International Graduate students applying for an arts or science program will need to take the TOEFL / IELTS and the GRE test. Graduate students applying for a business program will also need to take the TOEFL or the IELTS or the GMAT test too. Find out directly from the schools to which you would like to apply and what tests are required.

Some schools will accept you even without any of these tests and will grant you an I-20 based on your prior education & work experience. However, Visa officers may ask you for your test scores as it proves your seriousness about studying in Canada.

A brief description of each of these standardized tests is given below:


In most parts of the world, TOEFL is a computer-based test. In some areas, paper-based testing is also available. Paper-based tests are administered on predetermined dates; computer-based tests can be taken on an appointment basis. The test consists of mostly multiple-choice of questions. An essay with a set of questions is also required.

The computer-based test contains four sections:

To find out more about the TOEFL test, including how to register, where to take the test and how to obtain preparation materials, please visit www.toefl.org. We strongly recommend that you have some sort of experience with a TOEFL test preparation program before you appear for the TOEFL exam.


IELTS is “International English Language Testing System” which tests English proficiency across the globe. Conducting 1.4 million tests globally, IELTS is the world’s most popular English testing system.

IELTS tests are held in over 500 centres with tests up to four times a month. IELTS respects international diversity and is fair to anyone who appears in the test, regardless of nationality. You can choose from two types of IELTS test: Academic or General Training, depending on whether you want to study, work or migrate. Both modules are made up of four parts – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. IELTS results are graded on the unique IELTS 9-band scale. To help you prepare, IELTS provides test samples and Official IELTS Practice Materials. You are not limited as to how many times you can appear for the test. For more details on IELTS visit www.ielts.org


The General test evaluates your mathematical and verbal abilities. It is designed to measure your reasoning skills and not your knowledge of any specific subject matter. Subject matter testing is done with the GRE Subject Tests. These tests should be taken by students who have a bachelor’s degree (or very extensive training) in that subject. They cover eight different subject areas: (1) biochemistry, cell and molecular biology; (2) biology; (3) chemistry; (4) computer science; (5) literature in English; (6) mathematics; (7) physics; (8) psychology. The GRE also offers a Writing Assessment Test that asks more challenging questions than the General Test. It measures your critical and analytical thinking skills. It is usually optional, so you should check with the schools with whom you are applying and find out if it is required. The General Test and the Writing Assessment are both computer-based, while the Subject Tests are paper-based. To find out more about the GRE tests, including how to register, where to take the tests and how to get preparation materials, visit www.gre.org


The GMAT is designed to assess your mathematical, verbal and analytical writing skills. Again, it measures your ability to apply knowledge and not the amount of knowledge you have. It is a computer-based test and has both multiple-choice and essay questions. For more information on the GMAT, including how to register and prepare for the test, visit www.mba.com.

Entry Dates & Admission Deadlines

Entry dates vary with each school but a general guideline is below:

SEPTEMBER (Rolling intakes May/June)

It is suggested to apply 6-8 months in advance and no later than 3 months, if you have all your test scores in order. Please keep 2-4 weeks for visa approval.

Funds Required

Tuition Fees

The cost of Study (Tuition fees) in Canada varies from CAD$11,000 to CAD$25,000 per year. It all depends on the University you choose to study in. Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships & teaching assistant positions.

Proof of Funds for Visa

  • You are required to show that you can pay your tuitions fees & living expenses while you are in the Canada – approximately – CAD$10,000 to CAD$20,000.
  • Living expenses for 1 year i.e. Approx CAD$10,000 has to be deposited.
  • A student can withdraw CAD$700-800 a month for his/her living expenses post the admission.

Fee Structure

Application Fee: Canada Student Visa application fee currently is CAD$100 – CAD$150. Again it all depends on the University you choose to study in.

Visa Fee: Canada Student Visa fee currently is CAD$135.

Canada Student Visa

Student applicants who have been accepted and have an offer letter can apply for a Study Permit (Student Visa).

To apply for a visa, you need to fill the application forms, pay the Canada embassy Fee & 1st semester fee, provide all relevant documents including proof of financial support.

Student Visa Requirement Details

  • One year Tuition fee is required to be  paid to the respective University before the Visa application & has to submit the acknowledgement receipt for the same.
  • Living expenses for 1 year i.e. approx CAD $10,000 has to be deposited in  Scotia Bank so that the applicant doesn’t require to show source of income etc.
  • He can withdraw CAD $700 – $800/month for his/her living expenses post the admission.
  • Student Medical Insurance has to be shown & process consultant will give the list of insurance providers to the client & it may cost between Rs 5000/- to Rs 6,000/-.
  • Medical certificates are mandatory.
  • For all minor applicants, they have to submit custodianship declaration from the same place from someone who are living in  Canada or from the University.
  • Dependents can apply under Open work permit.
  • For each dependent you  have to show CAD $10,000 (need to submit bank statements, they can take the sponsorship from immediate relatives).
  • If the student is applying for Quebec they  should first get QCS (Quebec Selection Certificate) & University officials will guide the client.
  • Visa application has to be lodged before 30-45 days of the Admission.
  • The Visa fee is approx Rs 7,915/-.

Working on your Student Visa

Foreign Students can work for 20 hours and 40 hours per week during summer. The hourly pay for campus jobs are from CAD$5.15 to CAD$15 per hour.

Your Dependents

A person who is on a student visa can bring his/her spouse or Civil Partner or children. However, they will require a separate dependent visa which is called as Open Work Permit. The visa is valid for multiple entries. The visa period will be up to the duration of student visa. A person in this category of visa can work full-time.

After you Graduate

As an international student, you have several work options available for you during and after your studies in a Canadian school. These options make it possible for you to gain valuable work experience. And in the case of post-graduate options, they allow you to stay in Canada after you have finished your studies.

Post-Graduation Work Permit Program

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. For any course of 2 years of duration, you will get 3 years of extension except diploma courses, and if your study has been for less than 15 months, you cannot apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit.

You are eligible to apply for Canadian PR after you have worked on the Post Graduation Work Permit Program under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) & the PhD stream. You also receive extra points while applying for PR under FSWP scheme.

The Canadian Experience Class – The applicant should have at least 12 months of full-time work experience or the equivalent in part-time work experience in Canada, within the 36 months before the date on which their application is received,

Conclusion: As per the present scenario, one must apply for CEC within 3 years prior to submitting application irrespective of residing in Canada or outside Canada and the experience should be acquired within the 3 years in Canada. Any experience which was acquired prior to 3 years will not be considered.

Ph.D Stream: 

  • To get eligible for FSW under the PhD stream, the applicant must include the results of his  official language proficiency test and meet the following eligibility criteria:
  • International students enrolled in a PhD program at a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:
    • Have completed at least two years of study in a PhD;
    • Are in good academic standing at the time they apply;
    • Are not recipients of an award, requiring them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills.


  • Graduates of a PhD program from a provincially or territorially recognized private or public post-secondary educational institution in Canada who:

    • Graduated no more than 12 months before the date their application is received;
    •  Did not receive an award which required them to return to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills (or did, but have satisfied the terms of the award).

About Y-Axis Student Visa Services

Advises you on the best strategy to use to get your visa.
Advises you on how to present your case to the consulate.
Advises you on finances to be shown.
Advises you on documents to be presented.
Filling of forms.
Review of all documentation.

The student visa procedure requires that all students first apply through the Drop-Box.

Top Popular Universities in Canada

University of Toronto
The University of British Columbia
McGill University
University of Alberta
University of Waterloo
Simon Fraser University
York University
University of Calgary
University of Victoria
Université Laval
Queen’s University
McMaster University
The University of Western Ontario
Université de Montréal
University of Ottawa
University of Saskatchewan
University of Guelph
Carleton University
Université du Québec à Montréal
University of Manitoba
Dalhousie University
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Ryerson University
Concordia University
University of New Brunswick
Université de Sherbrooke
University of Regina
Brock University
British Columbia Institute of Technology
University of Windsor
École Polytechnique de Montréal
Université du Québec
University of Winnipeg
Acadia University
University of Lethbridge
Trent University
HEC Montréal
Wilfrid Laurier University
University of Prince Edward Island
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
Lakehead University
Vancouver Island University
St. Francis Xavier University
Mount Allison University
Laurentian University
Université de Moncton
École de Technologie Supérieure
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Thompson Rivers University
Trinity Western University
Royal Roads University
University of Northern British Columbia
Emily Carr University of Art and Design
Saint Mary’s University
Bishop’s University
University of the Fraser Valley
Mount Royal University
Université du Québec en Outaouais
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
OCAD University
Collège militaire royal du Canada
Brandon University
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
SAIT Polytechnic
Grant MacEwan University
Mount Saint Vincent University
Nipissing University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Capilano University
Université du Québec à Rimouski
NSCAD University
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
Cape Breton University
Redeemer University College
University of King’s College
St. Thomas More College
St. Thomas University
Canadian Mennonite University
Collège Universitaire de Saint-Boniface
College of the North Atlantic
Canadian University College
Aurora College
First Nations University of Canada
Nova Scotia Agricultural College
Luther College
The King’s University College
Yorkville University
École Nationale d’Administration Publique
Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
St. Stephen’s University
Université Sainte-Anne
Collège Universitaire Dominicain
Crandall University
Ambrose University College
Campion College at the University of Regina
St. Mary’s University College
Concordia University College of Alberta
Kingswood University

Email campus@y-axis.com to find out more about studying overseas.