Australia Immigration for Students is available for International Students who have studied in Australia. The options are listed below:
- Skilled Independent Residence Visa (subclass 885)
- Skilled – Sponsored (subclass 886)
- Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)
There are many pathways through which students can apply for permanent residency to stay back, live and work in Australia. There are different categories of applications based upon where in Australia the graduate would wish to work and whether there is a sponsoring family member.
International students, who have recently completed a course of study in Australia, must apply for a permanent residency visa within 6 months of the completion of your course. Students can score bonus points for having completed eligible studies in Australia and may also be eligible to apply without prior work experience.
Under the General Skilled Migration reforms of September 1st 2007, the GSM visa programs have been streamlined. International students can now consider applying for any of the following Onshore Visa Subclasses:
- Skilled – Independent visa (subclass 885) – This permanent visa replaces the Skilled Independent Overseas Student (subclass 880) visa.
- Skilled – Sponsored visa (subclass 886) – This permanent visa replaces the Skilled Australian Sponsored Overseas Student (subclass 881) visa.
- Skilled – Graduate visa (subclass 485) – This 18 month temporary visa replaces the Graduate-Skilled (subclass 497) visa. Skilled-Graduate visa holders have unrestricted work and study rights. They can also apply for a permanent General Skilled Migration or employer sponsored visa at any time.
Overseas Students who have completed an eligible study in Australia can apply for the Onshore Skilled Permanent Residency Visas. Students who have completed their course (or) are about to complete their course, are eligible. Students can apply while they are in Australia and should ensure that they are present in Australia when the visa is granted.
To support regional development and help meet the skill needs of regional employers, the Australian Government is currently working closely with state, territory, local governments, regional authorities and on various migration programs. These programs aim to attract young, skilled, English speaking migrants to areas of Australia where they are most needed. Generally, skilled migrants are under 45 years of age who have functional English, diploma level of qualifications and relevant work experience.
Skilled Independent Residence Visa (subclass 885)
The skilled residence visa is for overseas students who have completed their studies in the last 6 months in Australia and hold a certain temporary visas to apply for permanent residency. It is points tested and does not require sponsorship.
To be eligible to apply for this visa, you should be :
- an overseas student or former overseas student
- a holder of a Skilled–Graduate (subclass 485) visa or Skilled–Recognized Graduate (subclass 476) visa
- a holder of a Trade Skills Training (subclass 471) visa.
- Points Test – The pass mark for this visa is 120 points and some points are also awarded for the following requirements:
- Age – Graduates should be under 45 years of age
- English Language Skills – Prove that you meet the English language threshold. You also meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components-15 points) if you hold a valid passport and are a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, Republic of Ireland. If you need 25 points under Proficient English (IELTS 7 or above bands in all the components), English Language test results are required.
- Nominated Occupation – Should have the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (Schedule 2) and your nominated occupation is classified as either:
- a 60 point occupation or a 50 point occupation.
- Australia Study Requirement – Should have completed 2 academic years of study in the last 6 months prior to making your application.
- Recent work experience or Australia work experience – Should have worked in an occupation on the SOL(Schedule 2) for at least 20 hours a week, for a period of total 1 year in the 4 years immediately before the day you lodge your application.
- Australia Qualifications – You have met the study requirement of completing an undergraduate, Masters or a doctorate degree at an Australian educational institution.
- Regional Australia Study – Additional points are awarded for living and studying in a ‘regional Australia low population growth metropolitan area’ in Australia.
- Partner Skills – Added points can be earned on ‘partner skills’ if the partner is also able to satisfy the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications, nominated occupation and recent work experience.
- Health and Character Requirements – The applicant and the dependents are also required to meet with the health and character requirements.
- Health Requirement -The medical examination should be conducted by a panel of doctors approved by the Australian government.
- Character Requirements – The applicant should obtain police clearance certificates from all countries in which he/she lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years leading up to the application.
If granted the visa, applicants along with their dependents will be able to live and work in any part of Australia and can also engage in any type of employment. It is a 5 year multiple entry visa. However, the expiry of the visa does not affect the permanent resident status of applicants in Australia. The applicants who continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident after the initial visa has expired, must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV). The eligibility for an RRV will depend on the period the applicants have resided in Australia.
- Allows the applicant to live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Permanent residents have access to health care benefits and certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods).
- Permanent residents are eligible for citizenship after staying for 4 consecutive years in Australia.
- Applicants can sponsor their family for permanent residence.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with Australian laws.
Fee – Skilled – Independent (Residence) visa (subclass 885)
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
Skilled – Sponsored visa (subclass 886)
The skilled sponsored is a permanent visa for eligible overseas students who have obtained an Australian qualification in Australia as a result of at least 2 years of study. The students also hold certain temporary visas with skills in demand in Australia. A points test is used to select visa applicants with characteristics needed in the Australian labour market. However, it is lower than those for applicants who are not able to meet the Skilled–Independent pass mark, who have either a relative in Australia to sponsor them or a nomination from a State or Territory government.
The pass mark for this visa is 100 points.
Eligibility Criteria of this visa
To be eligible to apply for this visa, you should be:
- an overseas student or former overseas student
- a holder of a Skilled–Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485) or Skilled–Recognized Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 476)
- a holder of a Trade Skills Training visa (subclass 471). You must also satisfy the basic points test
- under 45 years of age
- have good English language skills
- have the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standards for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (Schedule 2) and your nominated occupation is classified as either:
- a 60 point occupation or a 50 point occupation
- You or your partner must have an eligible relative living in Australia who is willing and able to sponsor you
- You have a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency
Fee -Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) visa (subclass 886)
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)
The skilled graduate visa allows overseas students who do not meet the criteria for a skilled migration visa to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain skilled work experience or improve their English language skills.
Overseas students can apply for permanent residence at any time if they are able to meet the points test for any of the General Skilled Migration visas.
To be eligible for the graduate visa, overseas students must meet the basic criteria:
- Must be in Australia on an eligible visa.
- Must be under 45 years of age.
- Must been nominated for a 60-point occupation or a 50-point occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Should have applied to a relevant assessing authority for a skills assessment for your nominated occupation.
- Must meet the English language threshold.
- Should have met the Australian study requirement in the six months before lodging your application.
- Must have qualification/s that are closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.
- Must meet health and character requirements. All dependents in the application should also meet the health and character requirements.
Overseas graduates will be able to live and work in any part of Australia and can also take up any employment. Dependents can be included in the application.
Basic Features of the Visa
- Overseas students are granted an 18 month work visa who can also take up any employment.
- Students can remain in Australia and can either travel, work or study to improve their English skills or complete a professional year.
- Can bring your partner or dependent children on this visa.
- Can convert this visa to a skilled migration visa on meeting the pass mark.
Fees – Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
|2nd instalment||Not applicable|
If you have completed your course (or) are about to complete your course, you may be eligible to apply for any of the onshore visa programs. Before you apply for it, see if you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, nominated occupation, work experience; skills in demand and personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Australian migration under the skilled onshore category.
Sign up for an Evaluation today to see if you score points to be eligible for any of the skilled visa. Get a detailed report as to how many points you have scored and from which areas. There is no other way to be completely sure that you are eligible.
Cost of the Evaluation: AUD$22.00
Process time: 3 business days
* Please note: Fees payable for Evaluation are non-refundable.
Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for any of the onshore visas. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. Your chances of success are much higher when you sign up with us.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system and clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation and score the pass mark for the skilled visa before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive and among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard and Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices and all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.