The Temporary Graduate visa allows for overseas students who have successfully completed an Australian study for 2 years. This visa is granted for a period of 1.5 to 4 years which allows them to live and work in Australia.
Unlike other skilled visas, there is no need for the applicant to meet the points test unless he/she intends to apply for a permanent visa in Australia. Temporary graduate visa holders will have unrestricted work and study rights and will have the opportunity to gain Australian work experience just by meeting with the basic requirement. They can apply for a permanent General Skilled Migration or employer sponsored visa at any time, by meeting the pass mark of General Skilled migration.
- The applicant will be granted a temporary visa for a period of 1.5 to 4 years.
- The applicant can apply for a permanent visa at any point of time, provided he/she meets with the point test of General skilled migration.
- The applicant will be granted an open study and work permit which will enable them to have unrestricted work rights.
- Dependents of the applicant are allowed to live, work and study in Australia for the same duration as the applicant.
- Age: The age of the applicant should below 50 years.
- English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language threshold either by submitting the test results before the application is lodged or prove that the applicant is a citizen or a passport holder of any of these countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, Republic of Ireland.
- Qualification: The applicant must have completed a recognized qualification from Australia for at least 2 years of academic duration.
- Skills Assessment: The applicant needs to have a positive skills assessment for an occupation in SOL1 relevant to his/her field of study.* Not required for Post study work stream.
- Valid visa: The applicant must meet the visa requirements and currently must be living in Australia.
- Health & Character Requirements: The applicant and dependents have to meet the health and character requirements as per Australian laws.
- Medical Insurance: The visa applicants have to obtain a medical insurance for his/her stay in Australia.
Temporary Graduate visa (Graduate Work Stream /Post – Study Work Stream) – 485
Graduate Work Stream: For international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL): Schedule 1. A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months. Completed the qualifications (at least 2 years duration) in the last 6 months to lodge a visa.
Post – Study Work Stream: For international students who graduate with an eligible qualification. This stream is only available to students who applied for and were granted their first Student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years, depending on the qualification.
You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.
Sign Up for further details on Temporary Graduate visa – 485
|Charge Type||Charge Amount|
|2nd installment||Not applicable|
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
1. How do I qualify for Temporary Graduate visa?
You will be eligible to apply for the Temporary graduate visa, if you are a recent overseas graduate from Australia and the qualification is of at least 2 years academic study completed within last 6 months.
2. How long is this visa valid?
This visa will be granted for a period of 1.5 to 4 years based on the type of qualification you hold from Australia.
3. What kind of work will I be allowed to do?
You will be given an open work and study permit in Australia, with unrestricted work rights.
4. Can my dependents accompany me to Australia?
Yes, your dependents can accompany you to Australia and live, work and study in Australia for the duration of your stay, provided they comply with the Australian Laws.
5. What qualification or Universities can be considered for this visa?
Qualifications completed from CRICOS recognized Universities can be considered for this visa. English language proficiency courses or enabling programs cannot be used to meet the Australian study requirement and the qualifications completed outside the country will also not be considered.
6. Am I required to show any maintenance funds?
No, there is no need for you to show any maintenance funds to migrate to Australia under this visa category.
7. How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for the Temporary Graduate visa? How can I apply for the visa?
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education & university to determine if you are eligible to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa and will also help you apply to obtain the visa.