A Skilled Area Sponsored Visa is a Permanent Resident Visa which will allow you to live and work for 5 years in Australia. Applicants under this category must live for 2 years in the nominated state, which will be a specified condition in this category. This is a good option for those who do not score 60 points individually on Australian Immigration Points Test.
This is a Permanent Resident Visa which is granted for a period of 5 years for individuals who cannot meet the Skilled Independent visa pass mark and also for those applicants whose occupation is not listed in the SOL1.
The basic requirement of this visa is to get sponsorship from a sponsoring State/ Territory in Australia. Applicants should also meet the points test by scoring 60. This visa is designed by the Australian government to address skill shortages in Australia.
The Skilled Sponsored visa is only a Permanent Resident Visa and the applicants under this category must live for 2 years in Specified state from which he/she has been nominated.
- The Australia Skilled Immigration Program allows the applicant to live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Permanent residents under the Australia Skilled Immigration Program have access to health care benefits and certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods).
- Permanent residents under The Australia Skilled Immigration Program are eligible for citizenship after staying for 4 years in Australia.
- Applicants can sponsor their family for permanent residence.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with Australian laws to Migrate to Australia.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled sponsored visa and must meet the 60 points to file for a visa.
- Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 -50 years.
- English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged.You should also meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- no points) if you hold a valid passport and are a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. If you need 10 or 20 points under Proficient English (IELTS 7 or more bands/ 8 or more bands respectively in all the components), English Language test results are required.
- Nominated occupation – The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL 1 or SOL 2) that is relevant to his/her skills, qualifications and recent work experience.
- Skill Assessment – It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is lodged. The applicant should hold a post secondary qualification which is the least requirement.
- Maintenance funds – The applicants should show sufficient maintenance funds to obtain sponsorship from state territory.
- Health & character requirements – The applicant has to meet with health and character requirements.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia) – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years.
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia): The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD.
- Australian Study – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more.
- Live and Study in Regional Area: The applicant can claim additional points, if the Australian study requirement of living and studying in a ‘regional low population growth metropolitan area’ for at least 2 years in Australia, is met.
- Australian Experience – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia in one of the occupations listed on the SOL, in a full-time paid employment.
- Partner Skills – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications and skills assessment result. The partner should obtain a positive skills assessment from a relevant assessing authority and IELTS of 6 in each band. Spouse nominated occupation should also be eligible for same visa subclass as the primary applicant.
- There are 5 points granted for Professional years done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI.
Sponsorship by a State/Territory:
Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the respective state SOL and he should meet all the eligibility criteria as set by the state. The client has to commit to live and work in this state for initial 2 years of stay in Australia.
Funds required (Sponsorship by a State/Territory):
The following is required to be shown by applicants intending to apply for the Skilled Regional Visa. Y-Axis will advise you on how this is to be shown.
Financial resources required for sponsorship
|1||South Australia||AUD$25000 for single applicants and AUD$5000 for every additional applicant* Liquid Assets should not be less than AUD$10000|
|2||New south Wales||Not required|
|3||Northern territory||Single Applicant – AUD$35000 Applicant+Spouse – AUD$50000 Applicant+Spouse+1 child – AUD$60000 Applicant+Spouse+2children – AUD$65000|
|4||Victoria||AUD$35000 – fixed and liquid assets,5000AUD for each additional applicant|
|5||Western Australia||AUD$20000 – fixed and liquid assets, AUD$5000 for each additional applicant|
|6||Tasmania||AUD$25000 for single applicant, AUD$10000 for each additional applicant|
|7||Queensland||AUD$25000 for single applicant, AUD$10000 for each additional applicant|
|8||Australian capital territory||AUD$20000 – only liquid assets and AUD$10000 for every additional applicant|
*Funds maintenance and source of funds will vary as per the state.
Health and Character Requirements
The applicant and the dependents are also required to meet with the health and character requirements to migrate to Australia.
Health Requirement – The medical examination should be conducted by a panel of doctors approved by the Australian government.
Character Requirements – The Applicant should obtain police clearance certificates from all countries in which he/she lived for more than 12 months cumulative or over a continuous period in the last 10 years leading up to the application.
Spouse, partner and dependent children can be included in the application for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program. The secondary applicants should meet the English language, health & character requirement.
English Language: Secondary applicants for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program 18 years or over included in the application should provide evidence of having at least functional English. Applicants who do not have functional English have to pay second installment fees which entitles them to attend English tuitions in Australia.
Health & character: All secondary applicants have to undergo a health examination. Applicants over 16 years are required to provide police clearance certificates for each country they have lived in for 12 months cumulative or over a continuous period in the last 10 years.
If granted the visa for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program, applicants & their dependents will be able to live and work in any part of Australia and engage in any type of employment. It is a 5 year multiple entry visa. However, the expiry of the visa does not affect the permanent resident status of applicants in Australia.
The applicants who continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident after the initial visa has expired must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV). The eligibility for an RRV will depend on the period the applicants have resided in Australia.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program
If the applicant is applying outside Australia
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD$300-AUD$2200
- State Sponsorship fee- Varies from AUD$200- AUD$600 (if applicable)
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD$60 – AUD$300
- Medicals/Registration– case specific
- DIAC Application Fee: AUD3520.00
- Dependent below 18 years:AUD1760
- Dependent above 18 years: AUD 880
- Spouse English Requirement Fee: AUD4885
(This fee is applicable only if the spouse or the dependent is unable to score 4.5 overall in IELTS and has not completed his/her graduation in English Medium)
Application for the Skilled Area sponsored visa can be complicated & document intensive. Before you apply for it, see if you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, nominated occupation, work experience, skills in demand & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Australian migration under the Skilled Area Sponsored category (SAS –State sponsored).
Sign up for an Evaluation today to see if you score 60 points to be eligible for the skilled visa. Get a detailed report as to how many points you have scored & from which areas. There is no other way to be completely sure that you are eligible.
Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for your relevant visa. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. Your chances of success are much higher when you sign up with us.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & score 60 points for Skilled Area sponsored visa before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance in acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processing fees are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company & set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
1. What is required to be eligible to apply for the Skill Area sponsored visa?
The basic requirements of the applicant for a skill regional sponsored visa are:
o The age of the applicant should be below 49 years.
o The applicant should have proficiency in English language.
o The applicant has to be sponsored by State /Territory Government.
o The applicant has to nominate an occupation listed on the SOL.
2. What is a pool mark under the Australia Immigration Points test?
The marks required to keep your application in a reserve pool for a period of 2 years after the assessment if you are unable to score the required pass mark. In case a lower pass mark is set at any point of time during these two years and your pool mark meets the criterion then your application will be processed further.
3. Can I get sponsorship from one participating State/Territory and live in a highly populated area of the same country?
No, it is mandatory for you to live or work or study in the area of sponsoring State/Territory of Australia.
4. What is the skilled occupation list (SOL)?
Skilled occupation list (SOL) provides the list of opportunities available in Australia for people who are on skilled migration to Australia. The applicant has to nominate an occupation that matches with the skills, work experience and qualifications. It is mandatory that your occupation is listed in the nominating state to apply for this visa and is currently open.
5. What is an Australian Study requirement?
The applicant must have completed 16 calendar months during his/her course of study, either for a single qualification requiring at least two (2) academic years study or for more than one qualification resulting in a total period of at least two (2) academic year study.
6. What is recent work experience?
To meet with recent work experience criteria of Australia state sponsored visa, you should be employed in an occupation listed on the SOL. The employment should be at least for 20 hours a week in a paid position. The employment should be at least for a period of 1 year out of 24 months immediately before lodging your visa application.
7. Can I stay in Australia whilst lodging the application?
Yes, you can stay in Australia whilst lodging the application unless there is a condition on your current visa that prevents you from staying in Australia.
8. What should I do if my dependent does not have functional English?
Dependents aged18 years and over have to pay second installment visa application charge if he/she does not have functional English.
9. Can I take my dependents along with me?
Yes, you are allowed to take your dependents to Australia along with you, provided they satisfy the requirements of English language, health and character.
10. How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for the Skilled Area sponsored visa? How can I apply for the visa?
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience; occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the SAS visa.