Canada’s Business Immigration Program or Self Employed Visa is designed to attract people with desirable business skills and experience that will contribute in the growth of Canada’s economy. Each year, up to 12,000 visas are granted under the Business Immigration program.
Successful applicants are expected to invest in Canada, start businesses and generate revenues and employment for Canadians.
Canada has three classes of business immigrants:
- Entrepreneurs and
- Self-employed persons
Canada Self-Employed visa
The Self-Employed Canadian immigration visa is a business visa intended for those who desire to reside and work in Canada on a permanent basis. Applicants who have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada can apply for the Canada self-employed visa.
To be eligible, self-employed persons are required to have either the relevant experience that will make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or have experience in farm management, the intention, ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada. The immigrants of self-employed visa must have the experience, purpose and talent to set up a business that will, at a minimum, create a job opening for them and will make an important contribution to cultural and economic activities in Canada or buy and run a farm in Canada.
Obtaining a Canada Work Permit, Canada Work Visa is a two-step process.
For the Federal Self-Employed visa, applicants do not need to show a minimum net worth but prove that they have sufficient funds to support their family upon their arrival, prove their intention and ability to become self-employed throughout Canada. In addition, applicants need to provide evidence of their experience in athletic, cultural or farming activities and meet additional requirements.
Eligible self-employed applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have experience as a participant at a world-class level in cultural activities or the applicants should prove that they intend to leave Canada at the end of the employment period.
- Have experience in athletics, farm management experience or self-employment in cultural activities or athletics.
- Have the intention and ability to become self-employed in the province or territory of destination.
- Have adequate English or French language skills.
- Obtain at least 35 points on a points-based assessment and
- Possess sufficient settlement funds to support their family in Canada.
The applicant will be assessed based on their experience, age, education, language abilites, adaptability and must score a minimum pass mark of 67 out of 100 points.
Points are rewarded for relevant experience within the 5 year period immediately prior to the date of the application and concluding on the day a purpose is made on the application. Points between 20 and 35 points can be earned for relevant experience. Minimum of 2 years experience in the period starting 5 years prior to the date of application and concluding the day a determination is made on the application.
Points are awarded based on an applicant’s highest academic qualification and duration of the study. 5-25 points are awarded in this section.
- Master’s degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time study – 25 Points.
- Two or more bachelor’s degrees and at least 15 years of full-time study – 22 points.
- Three year diploma, apprenticeship or trade certificate and at least 15 years of full-time study – 22 Points.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 14 years of full-time study – 20 Points.
- Two year diploma, apprenticeship or trade certificate and at least 14 years of full-time study – 20 Points.
- One-year Bachelor’s degree plus at least 13 years of full-time study – 15 Points.
- One year diploma, apprenticeship or trade certificate and at least 13 years of full-time study – 15 Points.
- One year diploma, apprenticeship or trade certificate plus at least 12 years of full-time study – 12 Points.
- Graduation (Secondary School) – 5 Points.
The official languages of Canada are English and French, points are awarded for proficiency in either. A maximum of four points for the first language and two points for the second in each of the four assessed ability areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing are awarded.
- A maximum of 10 points can be earned;
- 10 points are awarded to those aged between 21 and 49.
- Two points are deducted for each year for those over the stated age bracket;
- with those aged less than 17 and over 53 earning no points.
Adaptability to life in Canada
Additional points can be earned for any previous work or study conducted in Canada, Canadian relatives and your partner’s education. Up to 5 points can be earned in this category either for work or study undertaken by the applicant or their partner.
Medical, security and other requirements
Applicants and their family members are required to undergo a medical examination, security and criminal checks. Applicants must also meet Canadian and provincial immigration regulation requirements.
Benefits of the Visa
- Self-Employed visa holders are free to settle anywhere in Canada, work or pursue further studies or invest in a business access.
- Applicants will enjoy the same rights and privileges as that of the Canadian nationals with the exception of the right to vote.
- Applicants and their dependents will have access to government-subsidized health care and subsidized education.
- Applicants will have access to a highly trained workforce and will enjoy special taxation incentives for business investment.
- After 3 years of stay in Canada, applicants can apply for Canadian citizenship.
Family members (spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children) can apply along with the main applicant for permanent residency. Any unmarried and dependent child below 22 can also accompany the applicant to Canada.
A child below 22 who is financially dependent on the parent because of the full-time study and a child of age 22 or over who is dependent because of the mental or physical disabilities can also accompany the applicant.
Use the table below to calculate the amount required in Canadian dollars (CDN$).
|Processing Fee||No. of People||Amount per Person||Amount Due|
|Spouse or common-law partner||x $550|
|Each dependent child who is 22 years of age or older or who is married or in a common-law relationship, regardless of age||x $550|
|Each dependent child under 22 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship||x $150|
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
- CAD$490 per person for you (the principal applicant) and your spouse or common-law partner (if applicable). Dependent children are exempted.
Before Y-Axis accepts your case for processing, we must be certain that you earn enough points and are able to provide documentary evidence to make a successful application. Before you apply for it, you must be certain you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile and assesses your education, your institution and personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the visa. If you score the necessary points, your application is accepted for Full Service & Processing.
Click Here to sign up for an evaluation
Y-Axis Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for your Canadian immigration. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. No other consultant in the market has processed more immigrant applications than us. You can count on our experience and success.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation and qualify before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.