Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker (Canada)
Quebec skilled worker visa for Canada gives unrestricted access to the domestic job market without the need for a Canadian work permit, a sponsoring employer or a specific job offer. It is a good option for those who do not qualify for Canada Federal Skilled Migration.
After you have been selected by Quebec, you have to make a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for Permanent Residence. Your application will be assessed by a CIC officer based on Canadian immigration regulations.
Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers are not assessed on the six selection factors of the Federal Skilled Worker Program. French is not mandatory if you meet the points in the other areas.
To qualify for a Quebec Selection Certificate, a single applicant must score at least 49 points based on the selection criteria. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 57 points.
|Selection Factors||Points Earned|
|Education||Up to 12 points|
|Area of Training||Up to 16 points|
|Validated Employment Offer||Up to 10 points|
|Work Experience||Up to 8 points|
|Age||Up to 16 points|
|Language Proficiency||Up to 22 points|
|Stay and Family in Quebec||Up to 8 points|
|Spouse’s Characteristics||Up to 16 points|
|Children||Up to 8 points|
|Financial self sufficiency||1 point|
- You must be conversant in one of these languages – English or French.
- There could be a short personal interview during the processing stage.
- You will need to prove you can support yourself and your family in Quebec.
- The entire process could take about 12 – 18 months.
- You will have to pass a medical examination, security and criminal checks. You can find more information on both of these topics in the Quick Find section on the right-hand side of this page. You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.
You are required to show that you can support yourself and your family for initial 6 months after entering Quebec.
The required amount to be shown is:
- For single person – INR 1.5 lacs (Rs.1,50,000)
- For married couple – INR 2 lacs (Rs,2,00,000)
- In case of child/children (is/are) accompanying then additional INR 1 Lac for each child.
Note: Bank Balance need not be maintained for any stipulated period prior to application.
Application Process & Costs
- Quebec-selected skilled worker must apply in two stages: firstly, you must apply to the Quebec government for a “Certificate of Selection” (Certificat de sélection du Québec). Secondly, after being selected by Quebec, you have to make a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence.
- Quebec-selected skilled worker must pass a medical examination, security and criminal checks.
Quebec SSW – Process Flow Chart
Why the Quebec – Selected Skilled Worker?
- The Quebec processing time is considerably shorter than the Federal Skilled Worker program.
- Two independent point score grids – one for single applicant and one for couples, so that the single applicants are not disadvantaged or handicapped in terms of their ability to obtain the passing mark, as is the case in the Federal Skilled Worker program.
- The country’s rapidly aging population, coupled with a dearth of young workers, will cause a major shortage of potential employees and could mean immigrants will account for almost all of the labour force growth within a decade, Statistics Canada suggests.
- Quebec does not have enough young people to replace the departures from the labour force. Over the next three years, population aging and weak demographic growth will have an increasingly noticeable impact. The recession has, temporarily delayed this problem. But beginning in 2013-2014, worker recruitment and replacement challenges may slow job creation and economic growth in Quebec.
- Quebec would let in between 51,200 and 53,800 new arrivals in 2012 with the same number of immigrants expected in 2013 and 2014.
- By 2021, Canada will have only two working Canadians for each retiree, compared with a current 6:1 ratio.
- Changing world economic trends require Canada to have a dynamic and competitive society.
- Canada competes for the best and the brightest immigrants with countries like New Zealand, Australia and U.S.A through various immigrant routes.
- The Canadian government sets annual immigration quotas which need to be met.
Occupations in Demand & Job Prospects
You can earn bonus points if you have education and relevant work experience in the same field. Currently, 87 occupations are in high demand in Quebec. These include IT, Engineering, Accounting, Teaching, Healthcare, Trades, Sales, Marketing & other general professions. Quebec has a comprehensive list of occupations in demand. Sign up for an evaluation to see if you qualify.
Added Features & Advantages
- Basic IELTS required.
- Basic French required for most profiles.
- Less Funds.
- More occupations to choose from and no fixed quota for occupations.
Y-Axis Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker visa. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. No other consultant in the market has processed more visa applications to Canada than us. You can count on our experience and success.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & score 95/100 points before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
* Our Concierge Service and Post Landing Service will assist you at an additional cost.
Additional costs towards visa application processing
1st Stage visa payment for Quebec Selection Certificate:
|Spouse or de facto spouse||CAD$156|
|Each dependent child||CAD$156|
2nd Stage visa payment for application processing at CIC:
|Spouse or any family member above 22 years||C$550|
|Each dependent child below 22 years||C$150|
3rd Stage visa payment for Right of Permanent Residence Fee:
|Spouse or any family member above 22 years||CAD$490|
|Each dependent child below 22 years||NA|
Note: Expenses towards PCC & Medical Test will be borne by the client.
A modern, yet historic city, Quebec is considered to be the first European-built city in non-Spanish North America. Samuel De Champlain, founder of Quebec on July 3, 1608, also a French explorer and diplomat. The province of Quebec has a modern and solid social fiber with a universal, free health care system and a highly developed education system. It is known for its exceptional quality of life and career opportunities. Its diversified economy is powered by abundant natural resources and an expanding information technology sector and other cutting-edge industries. Its import-export performance makes it one of the world’s top 20 economies. Here’s more to why Quebec is the choice of many aspirants who wish to work, study and migrate.
- Voted No. 1 by UN for seven consecutive years
- Excellent, Free Education
- Literacy 99%
- Government loans and grand for post secondary study (regardless of age)
- Clean and safe environment
- Multiculturalism – you are not considered a second class citizen
Excellent Social Services:
- Unemployment Insurance
- Social Assistance
- Child Tax Benefit
- Family Allowance
- Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Workers’ Compensation
- Excellent public and private health care system, free medical care
- A very strong federal and provincial government support infrastructure for new immigrants
- The most flexible residency requirement in the western world
- Canadian passport (after three years), is one of the most valued passports for international travel
Quebec is a province in east-central Canada. Quebec is Canada’s largest province by area and second-largest administrative division. Quebec is Canada’s second most populous province, after Ontario. While the province’s substantial natural resources have long been the mainstay of its economy sectors of the knowledge economy such as aerospace, information and communication technologies, biotechnology and the pharmaceutical industry also play leading roles. All these industries have contributed in helping Quebec become the second most economically influential province, second only to Ontario.
Quebec has a capitalist economy with the high Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita which is fueled by abundant natural resources, a well-developed infrastructure and average productivity. The total GDP of Quebec is estimated at CAD$303,747 billion which represents the second largest in Canada. The economy of Quebec is ranked the 44th largest economy in the world and ranked the 21st largest in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Science and technology are key factors in the economic position of Quebec. More than one million people in Quebec are employed in science and technology sector.
An evaluation is required to determine your eligibility to migrate to Quebec.
Duration: 1 business day
Evaluation Report will tell you the number of points you have scored in each category.