L1 Visa – USA
The L1 visa allows overseas companies to transfer certain categories of employees to work in the USA for up to seven years. The employee should have worked for the overseas company’s subsidiary, parent, affiliate or branch outside the USA for at least one year out of the last three years. US companies can apply to the USCIS to transfer an employee from their overseas branch and the employee will be granted an L1 Visa USA for 3 years. There is no limit to the number of L1s available in a year.
L-2, dependent spouse can now obtain a general work authorization and this must be applied separately, though. For a normal L1, it takes 2-4 months, 1-3 weeks for an L1 covered by a blanket approval.
Who can be sponsored for an L1 visa?
Managers / Executives: You will be required to show that you are a senior professional staff of a key function, department or division of the company. Also, your job is of a supervisory nature and you have a team / teams reporting to you. Visa will be granted for a 3 year period and is extensible twice to a maximum of seven years.
Specialized Knowledge Staff:
You must show that you have knowledge of the company’s products/services, research, systems, proprietary techniques, management or procedures. You will get a visa for 3 years extended to a maximum period of 5 years. When you have completed the maximum period, you must return to your home country and be employed with your company for a minimum of one year and then make a new L1 or H1 application.
All L1 employees must have been employed by the overseas company for at least one of the three years preceding the transfer unless they are the beneficiary of a blanket L1.
The employee should have directly or indirectly been employed by the overseas company. It could even be a freelance employee as long as the sponsor had management & control over the worker for one of the last three years.
The employee should have been employed as an executive, manager or specialized knowledge worker. Managers and Executives should be supervising professional and managerial staff & teams, control and direct day to day operations. Specialized workers should be fully trained and familiar with the company’s products, methods, processes and procedures.
- Send us an expression of interest by filling in the Inquiry Form below. Our Consultant will contact you within 24 hours.
- Our Consultant will explain the details of this visa and discuss with you about your profile & suitability for it.
- If you are suitable, you will be required to sign up for our services and make your payment to Y-Axis of which Installment 1 is now due.
- After receipt of your payment, your processing begins when your Process Consultant will take over and begin working on your case.
- Once we have compiled your application with supportive forms & documentation, Y-Axis will then file your petition with the CIS. Additional fees payable to the CIS are applicable from your end.
- Processing at the USCIS takes about 2-3 months. Premium Processing is available for an additional $1000
- One your petition is approved, you will be required to apply for your visa at the local consulate.
- Payment of Y-Axis Installment 2 is now due and must be paid.
- Y-Axis will now process your documents, forms and apply for your visa. Processing time consumed at the US consulate could be as much as 2-4 weeks for a visa approval.
- Once approved, you will be granted your USA L1 Visa to work for your company in the USA.
Why Y-Axis for your L1 Visa?
- We are Immigration Experts & process the highest number of Visa applications.
- We have the highest success rate.
- 50% of our customers are from Word of Mouth.
- Professional Services, Transparent terms, Clear policies & no Hidden Costs
- We are the best in the business!
Professional Fee Installment 1: US$2000
Professional Fee Installment 2: US$1000
The fees specified above are only Y-Axis Service & Professional fees. All other payments to be made to CIS, US Consulate or other external agencies are in addition to the above fees.
Refund Policy: The fees payable to Y-Axis are 100% non refundable
USCIS Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee of $500.00
USCIS premium process fees: $1000 – this fee is optional