Employer Nominated Visas – Australia
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to recruit permanent, highly-skilled staff from overseas or from people temporarily in Australia, when the employers have been unable to fill a vacancy from within the Australian labor market or through their own training programs. If you would like to Migrate to Australia under the Employer Nomination Scheme and you are looking for a job offer and an employer, please refer to our Smart Applicant Services.
The ENS List of Occupations(CSOL) is a list of skilled occupations, detailed on a Government Gazette Notice, in which Australian employers may nominate overseas workers for permanent residence in Australia. The list includes occupational groups 1-4 of the Australian & New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (2nd edition), published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). Major occupational groups in this range are:
- Managers and Administrators
- Associate professionals
- Trades-persons and related workers.
Features of the ENS
- You and any dependent family members included in the visa application will live as permanent residents in Australia.
- As permanent residents, you will be able to work and also study in Australia at school or university.
- You will have access to healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- You will have access to certain social security payments; this is subject to waiting periods.
- You will be eligible for Australian citizenship.
- You be will be able to sponsor your family for permanent residence.
Need a valid offer of Job, an eligible employer to sponsor, and also the employer should be able to prove that there are no Australian Citizens or PR holders available for that particular nomination.
Employer Nominated visas (Temporary visas):
- Temporary Work (Skilled) – Standard Business Sponsorship
This visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia who have been sponsored and nominated by a business to work in Australia on a temporary basis for up to 4 yrs.
Employer Nominated visas ( Permanent Visas) :
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
- Employer Nomination Scheme
There are 3 different streams under these two Categories:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for Temporary work visa holders (discussed above) who have worked for two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
- The Direct Entry stream is for people who have never worked or only briefly worked in Australia or applying for a new nomination with a new employer in Australia.
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.
The ENS process has multiple stages –
- Employer Sponsorship * If applicable, mainly required for Direct stream and temporary visas only.
- Nomination by the employer
- Skills assessment* Applicable for Direct stream and Temporary visas for few occupations.
- Visa application
The Australian employer is required to satisfy certain requirements in order to obtain sponsorship status under this Visa type.
Requirements for the employer
The Employer must:
- Be actively and lawfully operating in Australia.
- Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a position in the employer’s business.
- Have a satisfactory record of compliance with immigration law and workplace relations law.
- Have made adequate provision for training the existing Australian employees, or if a newly established business, be making adequate provision for future training of Australian employees.
Labor market testing in the ENS category has been waived for positions that involve skills in demand such as ICT, accounting and nursing. Further, changes have recently been made to enable overseas students in Australia with these skills to apply for employer nominated migration without meeting the normal experience requirements.
Requirements for the Nominee
Once the nomination is approved, the visa application should be made. The visa application must be lodged at the same Business Centre of DIAC as the corresponding nomination, even if the nominee is outside Australia.
Visa applicants under the ENS must be nominated by an Australian employer and should meet with the ENS nomination requirements.
The employer in Australia has to apply for nomination for approval, the employer will provide the nominee with a copy of the nomination approval letter from the department to apply for the visa.
The visa application must be lodged at the same time or within 6 months of the approval of the letter. If the application is made in Australia, the ENS and visa applications can be lodged at the same time; or the ENS application can be lodged and processed first, followed by the visa application.
To apply in Australia, an applicant must hold an eligible substantive visa (limited exceptions apply) and must be physically present in Australia at the time of decision. Where a visa application is made outside Australia, the applicant must be outside Australia at the time of decision.
|Charge Type – Temporary visas:||Charge Amount|
|Employer sponsorship Fee||$420|
|Visa application fee||$900|
|Charge Type – Permanent visas||Charge Amount|
|Employer Nomination Fee||$540|
|Visa application fee||$3060|
|The 2nd instalment For primary applicants with less than functional English||$8520|
|The 2nd instalment For dependents 18 or over with less than functional English||$4250|
The current processing time for migration to Australia under the employer nomination scheme is 6-12 months from the time the application is lodged.
Y-Axis offers two services for candidates intending to apply under the ENS Category.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Immigration authorities.
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience, occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the SIM visa.