The distinguished talent visa is a permanent visa designed for a small group of people with exceptional business talents in the areas of arts, sport, research and academia. The basic requirement of this visa is to be nominated by an eligible person or an Australian organization.
- The applicant, as well as dependents can enjoy permanent residency status in Australia.
- The applicant will be granted a 5 year multiple entry visa.
- The dependents of the applicant will qualify for an open study and work permit in Australia.
- The applicant will be entitled to all healthcare benefits and certain social security benefits (subject to waiting periods).
- The applicant can sponsor people for permanent residence.
- The applicant will be eligible to apply for citizenship of Australia after a period of 2 years.
- Age: There is no specific constraint on the age of the applicant. However, applicants below the age of 18 years and above 55 years should provide evidence that they would be an exceptional benefit to the Australian community and are financially independent.
- Record of achievement: The applicant should have a record of his/ her exceptional and outstanding achievements in their profession; arts, sport, research and academia. Applicants should still be active in his/her area of expertise and their achievements should be internationally recognized.
The applicant should prove their financial capability without seeking recourse from Public funds of Australia.
The applicant should be able to get a job in his/her area of expertise or establish himself independently in Australia in a profession: arts, sports, research and academia.
- Health and character requirements:
The applicant should meet with health and character requirements as per Australian law. The health examination should be done by a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities. Police clearance certificates should be obtained from all countries in which the applicant would have lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years leading up to the application.
- Language requirements:
The applicant must have functional English, if not he/she has to pay a second installment visa application charge that entitles the applicant to attend language tuition in Australia.
The applicant should be nominated by an eligible person or an organization. The nominator should have a national reputation in the applicant’s field of expertise. The nominator can be any one of the following:
Distinguished Talent visa (Offshore) (subclass 124) & Distinguished Talent visa (Onshore) (subclass 858)
|Charge Type||Location||Charge Amount|
|Visa Application Charge||Outside Australia||AUD$1735|
|2nd instalment – For primary applicants with less than functional English.||AUD$3575|
|2nd instalment – For secondary applicants over 18 years with less than functional English.||AUD$3575|
Application for the Distinguished Visa can be complicated & document intensive. Before you apply for it, see if you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, nominated occupation, work experience, skills in demand & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Australian migration under the skilled independent category.
Sign up for an Evaluation today to see if you are eligible for the visa. Get a detailed report as to why you actually qualify. There is no other way to be completely sure that you are eligible.
Cost of the Evaluation: AUD$22.00
Process time: 3 business days
* Please note: Fees payable for Evaluation are non-refundable.
Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for your Distinguished Talent visa. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. Your chances of success are much higher when you Sign Up with us.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & qualify before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application (if required)
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive and among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price & eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
1. How can I enter Australia through the Distinguished Talent Visa?
You can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident under the distinguished talent visa category provided you have exceptional and outstanding achievements in your profession (arts, sport, research and academia). You should have an international renown in your area of expertise.
2. What is the eligibility criterion for the Distinguished Talent Visa?
You should have an internationally recognized record of exceptional, outstanding achievements and should still be prominent in your profession. You should demonstrate that you are not financially dependent on the Australian government and can get a job in your area of expertise. Additionally, if you are below 18 years and above 55 years then you should show that you would be an exceptional benefit to the Australian community and are financially independent. Apart from all the above, you should meet the health and character requirements.
3. Who can be a nominator?
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
- an Australian organisation.
4. Can I sponsor an applicant for permanent residence as distinguished talent visa holder?
Yes, as distinguished talent visa holder you can sponsor an applicant for permanent residency in Australia.
5. How long is this visa valid for?
This is a permanent resident visa. The visa permits the applicant with multiple travel for a period of 5 years. The applicant who intends to travel after the 5 year period, has to apply for Return Resident Visa (RRV). The applicant will be permitted to apply for citizenship of Australia after a period of 2 years, provided the applicant meets the relevant criteria.
6. Can my dependents join me in Australia?
Yes, your dependents may include:
- your partner
- your or your partner’s dependent children
- Other dependent relatives living with you
If you are less than 18 years old, eligible family members can include:
- your parents
- your parent’s partner
- any of your dependent relatives