Canada Provincial Nominee Program
Provincial Nominee Program or Canada PNP exists because Canadian provinces have their own nominee programs that are designed to encourage skilled migrants to settle in those provinces. These programs are designed to meet the specific needs of employers and to encourage capital investment for that specific geographic area.
To apply under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory. Under this program, applicants must have the skills, education and work experience to make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory that nominates them.
People who are coming in through this program are provided permanent residency and ultimately the opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship.
All the Canadian Provinces do not provide Provincial Nomination Schemes. However, most provinces have an agreement with the Government of Canada that allows them to nominate immigrants who wish to settle in that province.
To be eligible to apply for the Provincial Nomination Scheme, the applicants have to pass three stages.
- Job Offer – Applicants must have a valid job offer from a Canadian company based in the province to which the candidates intend to migrate. Alternatively, candidates can obtain a nomination certificate if they have a close relative living in that province.
- Provincial Government Approval – The job offer should be approved by the relevant provincial government. The applicants are assessed against the migration requirement of the particular province. Candidates must be able to prove that they have a genuine interest to reside and work in the province.
- Application for Permanent Residency – Once the applicant receives a nomination from the particular province, they should submit their application for permanent residency with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Applicants need to prove that they have enough money to support themselves and their dependents after they arrive in Canada.
Basic Features of the Visa
- Provincial Nomination Scheme visa is a quicker route to Canadian immigration.
- It is not a point-based system unlike the Federal Skilled Worker Programme.
- Applicants have the same benefits as those of a Federal Skilled worker.
- Successful applicants will have access to government-subsidized health care, free education and social benefits.
- Successful applicants can work or pursue further studies or invest in a business.
- Applicants are restricted to work in the province sponsoring their application.
- Permanent residence visa holders have the option to apply for Canadian nationality.
At present, the following provinces and territories in Canada have Provincial Nomination Schemes.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Please Note: Every province will follow their own assessment procedures and is not related with the Federal Skilled Worker category Quota or eligibility system.
Manitoba: You must be currently living and employed in Manitoba for at least 6 months to apply under PNP.
Spouse and Dependent Immigration
The principal applicant can include a common-law partner, spouse, conjugal partner and/or dependent children in the application. Every province offers its own criteria regarding dependents and have to meet the other obligations to be eligible to apply to that province.
Evaluation to check your eligibility: Your profile will be evaluated by our consultants to confirm your eligibility for Canada and its provinces.
First stage processing: Filing of the provincial nominee application which will take 3-4 months to know the outcome.
Second stage processing: After a successful provincial nominee application, the PR visa application will be filed with CIC. It can take 6-8 months approximately.
Y-Axis Services for Canada PNP
- Sign up with Y-Axis for evaluation to check your eligibility
- Begin your Provincial nominee application.
- Y-Axis will coordinate with your employer for all paperwork and provincial nominee application.
- Upon receipt of positive nomination, Y-Axis will then assist you in filing your application for PR visa with CIC.
After you land in your selected province in Canada Y-Axis provides complete post landing assistance which includes air tickets, accommodation, airport pick up, orientation tours and assistance with a local Indian guide in the country of your choice. These services are at an extra nominal fee and can be availed before or after you receive your visa.
Y-Axis Evaluation and Pricing
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices and all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
Y-Axis is not a placement agency or a recruitment agent. We only do your visa documentation, advice and assist you with marketing your resume to potential placement agencies and employers in Canada with the use of internet technology. We do not guarantee or arrange for jobs.
Y-Axis does not deal with fraudulent documentation / information submitted by clients.