Canada Post Graduate Work Permit
Canada Post Graduate Work Permit is for International students who have graduated from an eligible program at a post-secondary institution and can gain Canadian work experience related to their field of studies, through Canada’s Post-Graduation Employment visa. Speak to Y-Axis about applying for your Canada Post Graduate Work Permit after you have completed your studies in Canada.
The Canada Post Graduate work permit is valid for the length of the student’s study program. Once granted, there are no restrictions on the type of employment the international students can take up and neither a job offer is needed. The applicant has to apply for Social Insurance Number (SIN) as soon as he/she receives a work permit. This number will enable the applicant to make any government deductions and file for Canadian income tax.
Students can gain Canadian experience and may also be eligible for the new Canadian Experience program for permanent residence. The applicant should have at least one year experience in managerial, professional or technical positions at level O, A or B under the National Occupational Classification system in order to apply for permanent residence in Canada through Canadian Experience Class.
To be eligible for the post-graduation work permit, the student:
- Should have completed a full-time study in Canada for at least eight months
- Should have graduated from any of the following:
- A public post-secondary institution such as a college, university or CEGEP (in Quebec),
- A private institution that follows rules and regulations as of public institution and are partly financed (up to 50 %) by the government or
- A Canadian private institution authorized by provincial or territorial statute to confer degrees
- Should have applied for a work permit within 90 days of receiving a confirmation from the institution that he/she has met with the requirements for completing the academic program
- Should have completed and passed a program of studies and must be qualified to obtain their degree/diploma
- Hold a valid study permit prior to applying for a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
International Students are not eligible to apply for the post-graduation Canada Post Graduate Work Permit if:
- The applicant study’s in a program that is less than a period of 8 months
- The applicant participates in Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program or Government of Canada Awards Program sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- The applicant receives money from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- The applicant participates in any of the following:
- Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
- Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
- Organization of American States Fellowships Program
- A distance learning program either from abroad or from within Canada or
- The applicant has been previously issued a Post-Graduation Canada Post Graduate Work Permit following any other program of study
Features of the Post Graduate Canada Post Graduate Work Permit
- International students can gain valuable Canadian experience
- There will be no restrictions on the type of employment undertaken
- There will be no need to have a job offer before a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit is granted
- The applicant will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship through the Canadian Experience Class program
The applicant will be allowed to work for a period equal to the full length of their study. The applicant will be eligible to apply for Canada Post Graduate Work Permit if he/she has studied in a program that is more than eight months long.
If the applicant studied in a program for less than 2 years but more than 8 months then the applicant will be granted a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit for a full length of their study.
If the applicant studied for 2 years or more, then he /she will be granted a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit for a maximum period of three years.
The processing fee is CAD$125.00 per person
Y-Axis Full Service
Use our professional services to apply for your Canada Visa. We are the very best in Visa documentation. Our rejection rate is the lowest in the market; our success rate is the highest.
We are backed by experience in handling thousands of cases including our own. You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing cases similar to yours.
Our service includes
Advising you on the best strategy to use to get your visa
Advising you on how to present your case so the chances of a personal interview is minimized
Advising you on finances to be shown
Advising you on documents to be presented
Filling of forms
Review of all your documentation
Booking your visa interview date, (if required)
1. Who is eligible to apply for the post-graduation Canada Post Graduate Work Permit ?
International students who have graduated from an eligible program at a post-secondary institution, are eligible to apply for the post-graduation Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
2. What are the eligibility criteria that the students should meet?
The students should hold a valid study permit, should have completed a program that is at least of 8 months in duration, should have graduated from a participating institution and received a notification of their eligibility to obtain their degree, diploma or a certificate.
3. When can a student apply for the Canada Post Graduate Work Permit ?
The student must apply for a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit within 90 days of having received a written notification or have met the requirements for completing the academic program from their institution.
4. How long is the permit valid for?
International students are permitted to work for the same length of the period of their study or a maximum period of 3 years.
5. Do I need to hold a job offer whilst applying for Canada Post Graduate Work Permit ?
No, there is no need for you to hold a job offer whilst applying for Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
6. Am I eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes, you can apply for permanent residence in Canada, provided you have at least one year work experience in Canada in managerial, professional or technical positions, at level O, A or B under the National Occupational Classification system.
7. Can I extend my permission to stay in Canada?
You are not allowed to extend your Post Graduate Canada Post Graduate Work Permit visa beyond expiry of your passport.
8. What kind of work can I do holding post study Canada Post Graduate Work Permit visa?
There are no restrictions on the type of work you are employed with.
9. Do I need to stay in Canada whilst making my application?
No, but if you want to leave Canada temporarily and your application status is not renewed before you apply for re-entry into Canada; you will have to re-apply and pay another processing fee.
10. What is SIN number?
A Social Insurance Number is issued to all workers who earn an income in Canada. This number is required for government deductions and to file their income tax.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy
Y-Axis service fee is competitive and among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processing fees are standard and Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.