• (Board Line): 0044 (0) 208 610 9915
  • NRI to 57333
World's Favourite Immigration and Visa Company

Australia Working Holiday/Work and Holiday Visas


Working Holiday & Working holiday Visa program of Australia entitles young people aged between 18-30 years to have an extended holiday whilst supplementing their travel expense through incidental employment. The applicant will be entitled for an open work permit without having to go through the usual work permit procedures of Australia.


  • The applicant can stay for a period of 12 months upon his/her first entry into the country.
  • The applicant is permitted for multiple entries into the country till the validity of the visa.
  • The applicant is entitled to an open study permit for a period of 4 months.
  • The applicant is entitled for an open work permit of at least 6 months for each employer.
  • The applicant can lodge the second working holiday visa either inside or outside Australia.
  • The applicant holding the second working holiday visa can return and work for the employer with whom he/she had worked on their first Working Holiday visa, for an additional 6 months.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18-30 years.
  • Purpose of visit: The main purpose of the visit of the applicant should be a holiday trip.
  • Dependents: The applicant should not be accompanied by any dependent children and marital status of the applicant should be single.
  • Health and Character requirements: The applicant should meet all health and character requirements as per Australian laws.
  • Health Insurance: The applicant should have health insurance for the duration of his/her stay in Australia, unless there is a reciprocal health care agreement between Australia and the applicant’s home country.
  • Employment: The applicant is permitted to work for a period of 6 months under each employer.
  • Financial requirements: The applicant should have sufficient funds to support self during the initial period of his/her stay in Australia (appx. AUD$5000). This amount may vary depending on the duration of stay. The applicant should also have a ticket for his onward journey or the funds for the ticket fare.

Second Working Holiday Visa

The applicant can extend his/her period of stay in Australia by applying for a Second Working Holiday Visa. In addition to the eligibility requirements of the First Working Holiday Visa, the applicant should have completed at least 3 months of specified work*in regional Australia during his/her first Working Holiday Visa. Apart from this, he/she should not have entered Australia on more than one Working Holiday Visa previously to qualify for the Second Working Holiday Visa.

* Specific work includes plant and animal cultivation, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, mining and construction.

List of Participating countries

Working Holiday Visa Sub Class 

For people from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.

Work and Holiday Visa Sub Class 

Information for applicants from Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey, the USA and Uruguay, on holiday and work visas in Australia.


The applicant has to meet with the following requirements to qualify to apply for the Working Holiday Visa subclass (462). These requirements are in addition to the requirements of the Working Holiday Visa subclass (417)

  • Education: The applicant should hold tertiary qualifications or should have completed or been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university study.
  • Language ability: The applicant should have knowledge of functional English.
  • Government funds: The applicant should enclose a letter of support from his/her home government.
  • Entry: The applicant should not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa.


Working Holiday visa & Work and Holiday visa

Charge Type Charge Amount
Working Holiday Visa
Note: First and Second Working Holiday Visa
Work and Holiday visa AUD$365

Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy

Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.

Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.

Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience, occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the SIM visa.

To find out if you are eligible, please send an email to consult@y-axis.com or For further Inquiry, Please Click here


1. Can I apply for the Working Holiday Visa in Australia?

You must be outside Australia if you are applying for a First Working or Work and holiday visa. Extension of this visa can be applied in or outside Australia.

2. Am I allowed to work with the same employer while holding the Working Holiday Visa?

You are not allowed to work for more than a period of 6 months under one particular employer but, if you hold a Second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work with an employer with whom you had worked on your first Working Holiday visa, for another 6 months.

3. Do I require undergoing medical examination for the Working Holiday Visa?

All applicants who travel to Australia under the Working Holiday Visa category have to undergo specified medical examinations.

4. What are the financial requirements for the Working Holiday Visa?

You should have a minimum amount of funds to support yourself during your initial stay in Australia (appx. AUD$5000). However, this amount may vary depending upon the duration of your stay in the country. You should also have enough funds to purchase a ticket or you should already have a ticket to make your onward travel.

5. How long can I stay in Australia?

You can stay in Australia for a period of 12 months from the date of your first entry into the country.

6. Can I study on a Working Holiday Visa?

You can study for a period of 4 months, whilst holding a Working Holiday Visa

7. Can I change my Working Holiday Visa status during my stay in Australia?

Yes, you can change your visa status whilst holding a Working Holiday Visa, provided you meet the requirements of the visa you are changing to.

8. What is “Specified Work” in regional Australia?

Specified work includes tasks in primary industries like plant and animal cultivation, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, mining, construction etc. Regional Australia includes any area in Australia other than Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, the NSW Central Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, Melbourne or the ACT.