Australia Skilled Independent migration Program -189 subclass
Australia’s Skilled Independent Migration Program is a Permanent Visa and falls under the Australia Immigration points-based system. Applicants must be able to prove that they possess a qualification or the skills of an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List. The applicant has to meet the point’s threshold by scoring 60 points and satisfying the basic visa criteria. Applicants do not need sponsorship from family or the Australian state/ territory government nomination.
It is a multiple entry visa that is granted for a period of 5 years. Permanent Residents may also be eligible for Australian citizenship.
*Immigration dept. of Australia announced a new migration model which was implemented from July 2012, following this all the applicants interested in Migration visas must file for an Expression of Interest first and upon invitation on the EOI must proceed with the visa application process. The minimum pass mark set for the visa applicants post July 2012 is 60 only which is decided based on the current labour market requirements in the country.”
Basic Features of the Australia Skilled Independent migration Program:
- The Australia Skilled Immigration Program allows the applicant to live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Permanent residents under the Australia Skilled Immigration Program have access to health care benefits and certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods).
- Permanent residents under The Australia Skilled Immigration Program are eligible for citizenship after staying for 4 years in Australia.
- Applicants can sponsor their family for permanent residence.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with Australian laws to Migrate to Australia.
Eligibility for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled Independent visa.
Age: The age of the applicant should be between 18 -50 years
English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent or vocational level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged.You should also meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components- no points) if you hold a valid passport and are a citizen of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America and Republic of Ireland. If you need 10 or 20 points under Proficient English (IELTS 7 or more bands/ 8 or more bands respectively in all the components), English Language test results are required.
Nominated occupation – The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that matches with his /her skills, qualifications and work experience.
Skill Assessment – It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the visa application is lodged.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia) – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having Three/Five/Eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years.
Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia): The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or Ph.D.
Australian Study – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more.
Live and Study in Regional Area: The applicant can claim additional points, if the Australian study requirement of living and studying in a ‘regional low population growth metropolitan area’ in Australia for at least 2 years, is met.
Australian Experience – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Independent migration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia in one of the occupations listed on the SOL, in a full-time paid employment. The experience should be at least for more than a year and is a legal employment.
Partner Skills – The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications, and nominated occupation with a skills assessment. The partner should obtain a positive skills assessment from a relevant assessing authority and IELTS of 6 in each band. Spouse nominated occupation should also be eligible for same visa subclass as the primary applicant.
There are 5 points granted for Professional years done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI.
Health and Character Requirements
The applicant and the dependents are also required to meet with the health and character requirements to Migrate to Australia.
Health Requirement – The medical examination should be conducted by a panel of doctors approved by the Australian government.
Character Requirements – The Applicant should obtain police clearance certificates from all countries in which he/she lived for more than 12 months cumulative or over a continuous period in the last 10 years leading up to the application.
English Language: Secondary applicants for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program 18 years or over included in the application should provide evidence of having at least functional English. Applicants who do not have functional English have to pay second installment fees which entitles them to attend English tuitions in Australia.
If granted the visa for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program, applicants & their dependents will be able to live and work in any part of Australia and engage in any type of employment. It is a 5 year multiple entry visa. However, the expiry of the visa does not affect the permanent resident status of applicants in Australia.
The applicants who continue to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident after the initial visa has expired must obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV). The eligibility for an RRV will depends on the period the applicants has resided in Australia.
Application Fees for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program
- Skill Assessment fee – AUD300- AUD2200
- Education Assessment (if applicable) – AUD60 – 300
- Medicals/Registration– case specific.
- DIAC Application Fee: AUD3520
- Dependent below 18 yrs: AUD1760
- Dependent above 18 yrs: AUD 880
- Spouse English Requirement Fee: AUD4885
(This fee is applicable only if the spouse or the dependent is unable to score 4.5 overall in IELTS and has not completed his/her graduation in English Medium)
- Application for the Skilled Independent visa can be complicated & document intensive. Before you apply for it, see if you actually qualify to Migrate to Australia.
- Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, nominated occupation, work experience; skills in demand & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Australian migration under the skilled independent category.
- Sign up for an Evaluation today to see if you score 60 points to be eligible for the skilled visa. Get a detailed report as to how many points you have scored & from which areas. There is no other way to be completely sure that you are eligible.
Full Service & Processing
Use our professional services to apply for your points tested visas. We have the experience of having processed cases from all over the world. Your chances of success are much higher when you sign up with us.
Our terms & conditions are clear along with a transparent system & clear policies. We only accept applications that we are confident will be a success. You have to first sign up for an evaluation & score 60 points for the relevant visa before we accept your case.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals
- Updates & Follow up with the Consulate
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation*
- Job Search Assistance*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Price List, Fee Structure & Refund Policy:
Y-Axis service fee is competitive & among the best you will find in the industry. At any given time, our state of the art Processing Center is processing over 5000 active cases from across the world. Our processes are standard & Process Consultants are the best in the world.
Our prices are standard across all our offices. We guarantee that other than company offers & promotions, you will not be quoted a higher price and eventually pay a lower price. Prices are determined by the company and set for all clients, all offices & all cases. You indeed are paying the right price – the same as all our 10000+ clients around the world.
1. What is the Skilled-Independent Migration?
The Australia Skilled Immigration Program is a permanent visa option available for immigrants who do not have a sponsor in Australia but have the necessary skills and qualifications for occupations in need, in Australia, along with competent English language ability. This is for anyone who wants to Migrate to Australia.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for a Skilled-Independent Migration visa / for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program?
The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program has to score 60 points under a points test.
The age of the applicant should be below 50 years.
The applicant should have proficiency in English language.
The applicant should nominate an occupation listed on the SOL (Schedule 1).
The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program should get a skill assessment done for a nominated occupation by skill assessing Authority before the application is lodged.
3. What is the Australia Immigration points test?
Point test is used to assess the skill of the applicants who migrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration. The applicant can claim points under different criterion such as age, English language ability, specific work experience, Australian qualifications, partner skills, designated language, nominated occupation, Australian work experience.
4. What is a pool mark under the Australia Immigration Points test?
The marks required to keep your application in a reserve pool for a period of 2 years after the assessment if you are unable to score the required pass mark. In case a lower pass mark is set at any point of time during these two years and your pool marks meet the criterion then your application will be processed further.
5. What is the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) to migrate to Australia?
Skilled Occupation List (SOL) provides the list of opportunities available in Australia for people who are on skilled migration to Australia. The applicant has to nominate an occupation that matches with the skills, work experience and qualifications.
6. Can I take my dependents along with me when I migrate to Australia?
Spouse, partner, dependent children and other dependant family members can be included in the application. The secondary applicants should meet the health, character and English language requirement.
7. Do I require test for my English language ability?
Yes, you should submit your IELTS test results to meet the English language until and unless specified or you must be either a citizen or a passport holder of any of these countries: United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, Republic of Ireland.
8. Can anyone sponsor my skilled independent Migration application? If yes then who can sponsor me?
No, you do not have any provision for obtaining sponsorship for skilled independent migration program. If you intend to migrate by obtaining sponsorship then you can apply either through skilled sponsored migration visa or through state / territory nominated independent visa.
9. When will I be eligible for citizenship of Australia?
You will be granted citizenship of Australia after a legal stay for a period of 4 years in Australia, in which at least one year as a PR holder is mandatory.
10. How can I find out if I am eligible to apply for the Skilled Independent visa? How can I apply for the visa?
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your age, education, work experience, occupation & personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the SIM visa.