Canada Entrepreneur Start-Up Visa
Canada Start-Up Visa program for Entrepreneur, is a first of its kind initiative, to bring immigrant entrepreneur and experienced private sector organizations together to get their much needed expertise in working with start-ups.
The Start-Up Visa program grants Permanent Residency to immigrant entrepreneurs while assisting them to become established in Canada. Successful applicants link with private sector organizations in Canada, where they can receive funding, guidance and expertise in opening and operating their enterprise in Canada. The purpose of this program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth.
Benefits of the Program:
- The Start-up Visa Program will enable immigrant entrepreneurs to launch innovative companies that will create jobs in Canada, and eventually, compete globally.
- The Program will provide entrepreneurs with valuable assistance in navigating the Canadian business environment which can sometimes prove challenging for newcomers.
- The Program will provide private sector firms with access to a broader range of entrepreneurs, including the best and the brightest minds from around the world.
- The pilot will run for up to 5 years
In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
- Have received a letter of support from a government-designated organization;
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities);
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, during which the applicant was in good standing at their educational institution;
- Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec; and
- Pass Canadian security and medical clearances
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has designated a number of venture capital funds and angel investor groups to participate in the Start-Up Visa program.
Investment from Canadian Venture Capital Fund: C$ 200,000
Investment from Angel investor Group: C$ 75,000